PDA

View Full Version : 12 weeks

joy
01-02-12, 16:31
I have been taking 20mg of cipralex for 12 weeks would no good results apart from the odd good day.i havent got a pysch apt until March but my Gp has rang him and he thinks pyschotherapy would be more use so now I have to wait for that with no help to control my overwhelming anxiety.

Any suggestions

Joy

pinkdove
01-02-12, 16:36
Hi joy, it can be very hard when you just want to get better, but if you are not feeling any benefit all all from the cit, maybe you should ask for a change.

Having said that, they may just be on the verge of working for you, they do take time to work, they worked for me for a while, but i have had to change meds as i was never quite 100%.

Why not speak to your gp again and ask for some help with your anxiety in the short term to give your body a break, good luck xx

Stormsky
01-02-12, 17:11
12wks is a long time to wait for a med to take effect... perhaps they are just not for you, or you need a higher dose?

joy
01-02-12, 21:17
Stormsky
20mg is the highest dose of cipralex and I've tried most other meds so shrink is at a loss.

Pink Dove

I'm on cipralex not citalopram, diazapam etc doesnt work for me so the Gp is at a loss as well as the shrink. They both suggest talking therapy is the answer. Trouble is I have to wait for that

Joy

Stormsky
01-02-12, 21:24
then perhaps perserve with what youve got and wait for therapy... either that or stop the meds, and im sure you dont want to do that for now..
I dont take meds anymore, been off them 5 months, i dont think they cure the problems- not for me anyway-
its not easy and ive been tempted many a day to go see gp for more, but ive got no faith in the meds...

Jmac
01-02-12, 23:46
I am so sorry to hear you're not responding satisfactorily to the cipralex. I do know that it can take some time to really start feeling better. I was up and down for the first 4 months and am noticing only now in the past month that I've had some continuing relief. I feel really well these days and more like myself - in fact better than I have since this relapse started last May.
I do hope you find some help and soon!
Take care.