PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

JenBernal
01-02-12, 17:09
Hi I Want To start by introducing myself, my name is jennifer and i am 16 years old. Growing up i have always been scared of certin things expectically vomit! That my main phobia i also have to deal with some OCD and anger issues.

So this all started before thanksgiving of 2011. I first started with a little cough but a couple days after thankagiving i woke up for school with a horible sore throat. I then took some cold medince, when taking it i started thinking it was going to make me sick which it did. Later that day i made a appt and was told i had strep throat, i was giving penicillin which i was scared to take during the time taking it i visit the ER many times for stomach pains which i thought was due to the penicillin. Them Not Findin out what really was gave me anxiety and was in a depression for a bit, would cry all the time and never wanted to be alone with many odd symtoms i then started researching when my symtoms came up to being the same symtoms of cancer ive been having the fear of haveing cancer for over 3 months i feel like im not gonna live and there no point of doing anything! Can anyone please help me over come this anxiety naturally?

Stormsky
01-02-12, 17:14
hi Jennifer.
Worst thing you can do is google symptons, many on here will say the same, i know you cant help it but so many illnesses have the same symptons!
I very very much doubt you have cancer! you have health anx definately.
Have you seen GP about any counselling maybe?

swgrl09
01-02-12, 19:19
I don't know if this makes you feel better, but it is very common for different antibiotics to cause your stomach to be very upset. It also could just have been part of the bug you had, and what you are going through now is just anxiety. I know it is not "just" anxiety, as anxiety can be debilitating but at your age, you should not worry about cancer.

Counseling could work wonders for you if you start it!

Beyonderz
01-02-12, 19:34
Hey Jen, welcome!
You should know that sometimes anxiety related symptoms can feel more severe than other things. So if you think more, you will probably feel worse.
Some medicines may make the stomach ill very easily.

And as other friends mentioned, NEVER SEARCH SYMPTOMS IN GOOGLE! :)

That's our common mistake. Because whatever you search, you will find at least 20 cancer related text. There are millions of health cases that can show same symptoms. So try not to think about them. And besides, not everything written in those google result websites are correct.

Of course it's always good to discuss those with a doctor. So you did it before, if you had something serious, they would've found it by now.
Feel well soon.

JenBernal
01-02-12, 21:12
Oh Thank You It Makes Me Feel Much Better!
Yes I Am Starting Consuling Real Soon Because This Anxiety Has Caused Me Miss A Great Amount Of School Because Of The Worry Of Not Feeling Good At School