PDA

View Full Version : One symtom leaves another arrives! HELP !

pjr
01-02-12, 19:20
Since last summer I have been suffering with globus hystericus. I have battled to convince myself that this is just an anxiety symtom. In the last few weeks I felt like I was winning the battle. THEN Bang new symtom arrives and the throat feelings disappear almost completely to be replaced with this almost constant urge to urinate. I know this is a common anxiety symtom but feel like I am back to square one with a new problem.

Does any one else feel like when anxiety sees we are beating it, it changes and replaces the problem we are slowly beating with a new more worrying one?

I have felt very anxious lately with worries about work!

The urge to pee is driving me mad with worry at the moment. I have suffered with this before but it is much more noticable and constant this time.

Anxiety has been with me all my adult life I am now 40 years old. WILL THIS EVER LEAVE ME ALONE? THIS FEELS NEVER ENDING - I AM TIRED OF THE FIGHT!

Any advice words of wisdom?

Alabasterlyn
02-02-12, 09:31
You might find this interesting, it was an article in the Daily Mail a couple of months ago

Do you know an anxious person, or are you anxious?
If so, you'll be aware that anxious people are never made better having their anxiety sorted, for another will then appear.
Anxious soil creates a crop of anxieties regardless of circumstances.
Cut one down and up pops another as one problem is sorted, another is already in view.
It's the same with desire.
If one desire is fed, another hungry desire presents itself; as one is put to bed, another wakes up.
In this way, we stagger in life from one "if only" to another - a state that removes any sense of happy or lasting peace.
Anxiety is a particular sort of desire; the desire for distraction from the present.
Our self fears the exposure of the present and so chases some past or future worry instead.
In taking us from the present, anxiety takes us from the only place on Earth where all is quite well.

Simon Parke is the author of Solitude: Recovering The Power Of Alone

Danii
02-02-12, 22:50
Wow, I like that a lot, makes a lot of sense.

I'm in your same situation right now. I just got rid of one problem, here I am with another. Its an endless cycle.