PDA

View Full Version : obligatory introduction...

ptsd_etc
02-02-12, 08:55
hey everyone,
i have been reading the posts on this forum for a bit, and thought i would join and become less lurky :D.
As for me, i'm 21 and suffer from ptsd (which is such a lovely condition, depression, anxiety, panic attacks...you name it, ptsd has it :huh:)
I am hoping to find advice and support with meds, and general experiences.
Also some coping strategies, general chat, whilst I wait patiently for some kind of help from the NHS :roflmao:
anyway, here i am
x

diane07
02-02-12, 08:56
Hi ptsd_etc

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

robinbrum
02-02-12, 08:59
Hi ptsd:welcome:
Know what you mean about the NHS...
Rob.

jlo34
11-02-12, 22:59
sounds like you're going through what i was 15 years ago - i'm now 36 - and have only in the last few months been diagnosed with ptsd. you're right - it seems there's no end to how many symptoms ptsd causes over time. my advice - any doctor who starts talking about the possibility of personality disorders being involved, they're wrong - ptsd is regularly mis-diagnosed as borderline personality disorder - and how many doctors ever admit they're wrong? more importantly, persist and persist, don't give up and start using illegal drugs to help 'cope', and it seems your ptsd has been caught early - that makes a world of difference. if i'd known at 21 what i know now my life could have been very different. your chances of full recovery are extremely good

pinkdove
11-02-12, 23:04
:welcome: pdst. xx