PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for cardio follow-up appointment -can I call them?!

VioletWings
02-02-12, 12:42
Hi everyone,

A week ago I had a stress ECG, and since then I've been pretty on edge, the main reason being that I've felt so bad this last month with breathing/chest symptoms, and then hearing my ECG read as 'abnormal' has not helped my anxiety!! I don't know when they're planning to give me my follow up appointment, but I was thinking of calling and just explaining that I get anxious about it and seeing if they have an appointment for me yet. Would this be out of line, do you think, or is it perfectly reasonable?!

Thanks!

screwpanic
02-02-12, 12:44
yip worth a go, whats the worst they can say.

Stormsky
02-02-12, 12:48
Why worry if its was NORMAL ? thats good surely?? do you want it to read something else? that something is wrong?

VioletWings
02-02-12, 13:03
Why worry if its was NORMAL ? thats good surely?? do you want it to read something else? that something is wrong?

It read as 'abnormal'?

Helen1985
02-02-12, 13:31
I would ring them hun, they wont mind. :) xx

Stormsky
02-02-12, 15:51
It read as 'abnormal'?

sorry, my error......didnt read it correctly..
in that case then yes call them up xx

louis
02-02-12, 16:34
Dear friend you can call a doctors office but if it is like here you wont get much without a scheduled appointment. As for the Electrocardiogram, try not to get to upset by it. I have had abnormal ones before and then a stress tests turns out to be normal. According to my family doctor what you want is a test of blood gases. According to him it is always in the blood. I asked for one yesterday but did not get it as my Doctor had not ordered one. But then you only want that test is they think you have had a heart attack. I am so stinking anxious waiting for my results it is hard to get through the day. But I am determined to do it with Gods help. Hang on sweet lady.
Louis