PDA

View Full Version : new to this site

rachael1
02-02-12, 13:18
Hi i'm looking for some advice. This is my 4 bout of anxiety and depression. I have started again on 20mg of citalopram last wednesday and I feel like i'm getting worse not better. I'm still getting through my chores and jobs but I feel constantly sick with worry and like i'm on autopilate. My main fear is that I won't get better and i'm gonna be like this forever, a prospect I can't face. Do you think the tablets will start to work? I'm worried. sick i'll lose my job, house and family to this illness. Please help! X

nomorepanic
02-02-12, 13:20
Hi rachael1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkdove
02-02-12, 13:28
Hi Rachael, sorry you are feeling so bad just now, have you started on 29mg of citalopram, as that is quite a high dose to start with, usuall starting dose is 10mg for a coule of weeks, then 20mg.

The answer to your question is yes you WILL get better, but it takes time,it can take 4-6 weeks before you feel the benefits on cit, but you will get there,

Be kind to yourself, and take it easy while the meds kick in, they can make us feel worse before we feel better, but that will pass.

I'm sure you won't lose your job or your house, because you will start to feel better and you will be more able to cope with things then.

Welcome to nmp i'm sure you will get a lot of support here, there is a lot of people taking citalopram, and you are not alone .....good luck xx

rachael1
02-02-12, 13:49
Yes the dr started me on 20mg i've felt more anxious, tired, sick, dry mouth. But not sure if thats due to the anxiety. I'm taking it on a morning and last time I took it a couple of years ago was on a night so i'm thinking about switching back to night. The dr didn't really advise me. Feel glad about been able to chat openly on this site as feel so guilty about worrying friends and family. Just seems since last wednesday everyday has been the same without any lift and i'm dreading it being like this everyday forever. I have such a good life as well lovely son and husband and don't get why I feel like this. Its just come out of the blue this time. I'm working through cbt books, have an appt with councillor and i'm gonna try go to pilates tonight. Trying to do positive things. Thanks for the advice. X

pinkdove
02-02-12, 14:05
Hi Rachael, i did change my dose of cit to the evening as it was making me tired, but not sure whether it helped or not, you are doing the right thing keeping occupied, and i know it is hard when people don't understand, be we do here, and we are here to help x

Veronica H
02-02-12, 14:12
:welcome:to NMP Rachel.
Vx