PDA

View Full Version : Going to see new doctor, help!

Kate21
02-02-12, 14:57
I've recently moved home to my parents so have my first doctors appointment with a Gp here this evening. I've written down the bare bones of my anxiety so it's easier to tell him all that in case he has not yet got my notes from my old doctor.
My worry is I'm currently on ESA and my sick note will run out soon so I will need another one, I'm worried he won't give me one. Is there any reason why he would't give me one? I'm booked in to start EMDR soon as the move has interrupted my assessment with another therapist. So will he at least give me one until I finish therapy?

pinkdove
02-02-12, 15:01
hi Kate, there is no reason at all that they won't give you another sick note, and maybe a new doctor is just what you need to help with your anxiety.

Good luck with your appointment x

Kate21
02-02-12, 15:05
Thankyou! I've been to this doctors surgery before when I was living at home years ago and saw a horrible doctor once so i think this is making me nerveous too.
Right I'm going to be brave!

pinkdove
02-02-12, 15:20
Yes be brave, you will probably see a nice one this time, or maybe the other one was just having an off day. either way good luck x

Mindful
02-02-12, 15:55
Dont forget that if this doc is no good you can ask to see another one hun. Hopefully he will be fab, but bear in mind that if you arent happy with him then you are entitled to change docs until you are happy x

Kate21
02-02-12, 18:15
thanks guys, the doctor was lovely (phew!) got my sick note and meds sorted and home safe and sound if a bit frozen! :-) x

london
02-02-12, 18:31
thanks guys, the doctor was lovely (phew!) got my sick note and meds sorted and home safe and sound if a bit frozen! :-) x

see all that worry for nothing
god bless

pinkdove
02-02-12, 21:18
Well done Kate, hope you feel better soon x

Kate21
03-02-12, 13:48
see all that worry for nothing
god bless

tell me about it! why don't I learn, it's never that bad :-) x