PDA

View Full Version : epistaxiophobia

angiebaby
16-06-06, 23:35
Has anyone else got this. I've suffered with this phobia, a fear of my nose bleeding, all my life. Nothing has made it better and in fact as time goes on, it's getting worse. I know all about it, why it happens and all the rest, but it doesn't make it any better. I'm just terrified constantly of it happening and when i blow my nose i'm petrified just in case. It just has to be a little tiny bit on the tissue, just rubbish or something for me to start and panic, FULL BLOWN!!! I can never use white tissue's only coloured one's cause they don't show up as much. I know it sounds silly, but it does rule my life and always has. I had a really frightening experience when i was six and bled a lot and was very frightened, so i know where the fear came from, but that doesn't help either, can anyone help me please, any ideas?
Angiebaby. x

Meg
17-06-06, 13:05
Angie

As with most phobias this has come about after a bad experience and your body has stored up the memory in glorious technicolur so to warn you. Over the years this has increased to the point where the fear far outweighs the potential issue.

Some short sessions of CBT can help with this effectively.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress