PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Gloria Thomas?

W.I.F.T.S.
16-06-06, 23:45
I've got her book out of the library 'Anxiety Toolbox' and I'm finding it really comprehensive and useful.

She brings together a variety of techniques (NLP, Hypnotherapy, Reiki and Thought Field Therapy or 'Tapping technique'). I've seen Paul McKenna use the tapping technique on Chris moyles to help him overcome his fear of flying. Basically, the principle is that our bodies have meridians relative to different organs and by repeatedly tapping at different points (such as under your eye) you are calming your body.

I'm actually really interested in these different approaches, although I know very little about them and I'm finding it a really interesting read.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Shaz
18-06-06, 20:43
Hi WIFTS,
I used tapping successfully when my anxiety was at it's worst about a year ago. I have seen Paul Mckenna use it, but I was introduced to it by a psychologist. I don't use it now as I have kind of moved on from this, but it really was a life saver back then. Also, I have read NLP for dummies, which is a great introduction to NLP. My anxiety was triggered by a traumatic experience and again this technique really helped to get rid of a constant visual picture that I carried with me 24/7. I didn't mange to practice the techniques on my own, but I did with a psychologist. I was very sceptical, although again I had seen PM use them on TV, but I think it really works. Give it ago is my thoughts on this.

Take care
Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!