PDA

View Full Version : ALL PANIC

maddi
03-02-12, 03:45
HI :) I have suffered from anxiety pretty much my whole life (undiagnosed) but it wasn't until my most special person in the world, my nan died in October last year :( She was amazing and just being around her calmed me down and without her my anxiety went crazy.

I have had nearly all symptoms, main ones including, tight chest, shortness of breathe, racing heart, dizziness ( for a whole two weeks straight once ) , tighness in throat, etc. The worst bit about an anxiety disorder is the panicking makes you panic.

I seem to suffer from O.C.D, Anxiety, Depression, Panic attacks

I would love to hear from people who suffer similar problems :)

Maddi
xoxoxoxox

nomorepanic
03-02-12, 03:50
Hi maddi

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

notsobubblychick
04-02-12, 16:10
Hi Maddy

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you Nan.

I lost my mum and dad 4 weeks apart from each other. Its been 8 years ago now, but it only seems like yesterday. Such a terrible thing to cope with bereavement.

The symptoms that you are describing are perfectly normal for those of us suffering with anxiety problems. Its what is referred to as the 'fight and flight syndrome' where our bodies cope with whatever is bothering us by causing us to go into panic. Perhaps look it up on google (or maybe on here) for a better explanation.

You may want to look at my other replies to recent posts for other ideas regarding help with or without medication.

All the best.

Maria

Stormsky
04-02-12, 17:42
hi
its the fear of panic that keeps you panicking!
Dont fear it... you have an attack, and THEN you panic.... You cant stop an attack coming on, but you can CHOOSE NOT TO PANIC.
When you no longer fear it happening, it stops.
Panic attacks wont kill you, so say to yourself, whats the worse that can happen?
when you next feel an attack coming on, just go with it, dont start the what ifs, what if im going to die, what if i lose control, what if what if (its the what if that starts the adrenaline, that leads to panic) without fuel (adrenaline) you cant panic... so instead of starting to worry whats happening, just say 'yeah watever, do what you like , i dont care anymore'... and it will just die off... you cant panic if your not afraid of it.....