PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night

Stormsky
03-02-12, 11:56
Woke up couple times last night, having an attack (but i didnt panic)
Room spinning, couldnt concentrate, came over really burning hot too, sweaty...
But hey ho, not going to dwell on it, or i will be inviting it to happen again tonight!
I do hate it though, being woken like that, quite scary....
My problem is im always trying to remember things, especially when i go to bed... like randonly testing my memory i guess... i need to stop that, as it may be causing my waking like that in the night.....
Anyway, another day... last nights already the past !

robinbrum
03-02-12, 13:20
I used to suffer terribly with this although it has strangely subsided since I turned 40. I would often convince myself that I was dying, waking up gasping for breath in the middle of the night with my heart going ten to the dozen. Even now it still does happen and I am a very restless sleeper. Doesn't take long for me to recover now though...before it would keep me up for hours.
It's very strange how the mind works, isn't it? When you should be at your deepest point of relaxation anxiety comes knocking on your door like an unwelcome friend...I wish he would go away!

fishman65
03-02-12, 16:33
I used to have anxiety at night too Stormsky,but then my Dr put me on dosulpin (used to be called dothiepin).Its one of the older tri-cyclic anti-deps and I take it before bed.I seem to be able to sleep regardless of the level of anxiety in the daytime.

Stormsky
03-02-12, 17:03
I used to have anxiety at night too Stormsky,but then my Dr put me on dosulpin (used to be called dothiepin).Its one of the older tri-cyclic anti-deps and I take it before bed.I seem to be able to sleep regardless of the level of anxiety in the daytime.

i was on amityptline for 9yrs, again an old anti dep drug - actually used now for sleep and nerve damage...i slept like a baby on those... but stopped them 5 months ago and not going back on meds!

nicola1980
03-02-12, 17:31
Hope you have a calmer night tonight x x

Stormsky
03-02-12, 17:34
Hope you have a calmer night tonight x x

thanks Nicola, ive told myself i will be fine tonight, so i will be!!
dare i ask if you took your vit b?? lol..xx

theharvestmouse
03-02-12, 17:37
Sorry to hear that Stormsky, hope you have a good nights kip tonight!:)

screwpanic
03-02-12, 17:55
Bad nights are usually followed by lots of good ones, fingers crossed for you anyway.

nicola1980
03-02-12, 17:59
thanks Nicola, ive told myself i will be fine tonight, so i will be!!
dare i ask if you took your vit b?? lol..xx
erm..........no not yet!! lol im such a wuz!! xx

Stormsky
03-02-12, 18:08
erm..........no not yet!! lol im such a wuz!! xx
i was wondering if im getting too much vit b from taking every day ..which could be causing sleep probs...as im also eating foods with vit b too, so have decided from today, to take one every other day.. didnt take one today, so will take it tomorrow, and see what that does !

screwpanic
03-02-12, 18:14
Jesus, I just started taking them today after you saying how good they are, might put next dose on hold lol ;b

nicola1980
03-02-12, 18:17
well im def not taking mine now!! :roflmao: xx

Stormsky
03-02-12, 18:20
Jesus, I just started taking them today after you saying how good they are, might put next dose on hold lol ;b
Haha dont get me wrong, ive definately been better on them than i was before taking them... i used to constantly think i was going crazy, scary thoughts like that... dont get them anymore... theyve lifted my mood from doom and gloom too.. i defo not depressed.... just still bit of anxiety, which i want to test if its too much vit B - so taking every other day for a bit.... defo made a good difference to me by taking them xx

screwpanic
03-02-12, 18:23
:hugs:

Stormsky
03-02-12, 18:29
well im def not taking mine now!! :roflmao: xx

Nicola -STOP IT!!! and take one!! lol... i will let you know if one every other day does anything different..... it may be nothing to do with my anxiety! i might be worse by not taking every day!! like i said, will let you know.....xxx

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

:hugs:

Give them a go definately.... take every day for now anyway... by the time youve taken a weeks worth, i will have reported on how every other day on them goes !!xxxx

BestMate
03-02-12, 18:35
I had a really bad week like last week. In the end I was so dreading bedtime because I knew I'd be waking with the 3am panic! I came on here and someone had posted a link to an app called AmbiScience, you can download it on your phone. I hate to tempt fate but since i've been listening with my headphones before sleep every night, NO PANIC! I listen to the waves one, it's really relaxing. There are other things you can listen to if you don't like the sea. Good luck

fishman65
03-02-12, 19:05
i was on amityptline for 9yrs, again an old anti dep drug - actually used now for sleep and nerve damage...i slept like a baby on those... but stopped them 5 months ago and not going back on meds!Oh for sure,each to their own :)

Stormsky
10-03-12, 12:04
Had another bad night last night... woke in what i persume was panic... confused, couldnt calm myself at first... head spinning... couldnt think straight, infact my thoughts made no sense and it was all quite scary... and remember feeling terror and like thinking what if this isnt anxiety, what if its something else..... and i dont want to go down the HA route! as i dont suffer HA and dont want to....
Anyone else have this happen to them?

kittikat
10-03-12, 13:25
Hi Stormsky, sorry to hear you had a couple of bad nights, hopefully just 'blips' as my doctor calls them. I have anx/panic/agoraphobia the ag is not extreme, but it has really dented my quality of life. Anyway, I have never suffered HA but I do feel we all have a little of this lurking around especially if we experience those awful physical symptoms...like I would worry for days that I was going to have a heart attack or stroke because of the physical bashing my body endured during a panic or anxiety attack. I think that would be 'normal' for most sufferers. The thing is not to dwell on it, as we know, nothing terrible is really going to happen....it just feels like that sometimes. Take care, hope you have a better day/night and sending :hugs: just to let you know you are not alone in this....(but you know that anyway!!)
Kitti x

Stormsky
10-03-12, 13:28
thanks kitti, you always take the time to reassure ! xx

I recall like feeling id lost my identity and was lost in limbo, couldnt seem to find my way back to the land of living.... i kept saying to myself , im going to be fine, but it didnt help, like i didnt believe it... and saying its just my anxiety didnt help either, like i felt something else was wrong with me...it was terrifying...dont want the same again tonight thats for sure!

pinkdove
10-03-12, 20:03
hi stormsky, hope you have a better night tonight, it must have been really scary :hugs:

angel wings
10-03-12, 20:16
HI Stormsky,

sorry that you have had a bad few nights,i find my mind works over time when im in bed and i end up having weird dreams or waking up in a panic, hope you have a better sleep tonight:hugs: