PDA

View Full Version : My Good Day

Gregor
17-06-06, 06:02
Hi,

Since i'm always complaining about my anxiety, etc, I just thought i'd share with everyone the good day i had yesterday.

For those who don't know, i suffer from anxiety and agoraphobia and until recently hadn't been even out the front door for a year.

Yesterday, i went out to the beach with my dad. We tend to go to the beach if we go out as it's nice and quiet down there. I felt really good whilst out and then just felt really good the rest of the day. Usually, if i do manage to get out, i suffer when i get back with my anxiety flaring up, but that didn't seem to happen yesterday.

Anyway, that was my good day, just to show everyone that it can happen and that i don't just complain about everything!!

Gregor

giddy
17-06-06, 07:34
Hi Gregor
Its lovely to hear your good news:D
Well done you I'm glad you had a great day.
Love Helen

Daisybun
17-06-06, 10:30
Hi Gregor great news. Well done on going out, keep that good day in mind and build on it.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

honeybee3939
17-06-06, 11:16
Hi gregor

Thats lovely news, well done,
Im thrilled you had a great day !! I hope you have many more to come!

Love

Andrea
xxx

Karen
17-06-06, 11:23
That's great to hear Gregor. Well done and I am so pleased you had a good time.

I hope you can repeat the experience again soon to really anchor those good and positive feelings.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

KatiePie
17-06-06, 12:24
Well done Gregor!

If you've done it once then remember you can do it again!

KatiePie

Meg
17-06-06, 12:36
Superb !! Well done .

Do it again soon to make it a pattern

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

trac67
17-06-06, 13:06
Hi Gregor,

Well done, it is always good to read a positive post, now take that good day and build on it, it just goes to show it can be done.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
17-06-06, 13:08
Well done!

It is good to try and get Mr Anxiety on your side and ask him "Fancy a trip out?" If Mr A. says "no", it often best to stay indoors, but sometimes he likes a treat!

As Meg says, try and make it a pattern, but do it gradually and don't get too adventurous too early.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

PurpleRain
17-06-06, 20:14
Hi Gregor,
Thats great news!! Well done!!

I agree with Ray and Meg set patterns and go gradually..dont push yourself too much.

The beach is always a great place to go,i live near the beach,its my haven.

Do you have your claire weekes book yet?

Take care xx