PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia sufferer.

Stephm
03-02-12, 13:44
Hi, I stumbled across this site while browsing the web looking for information or any help what so ever on dealing with emetophobia.

I suffer panic attacks and severe anxiety from this. I have seeked help for this, I have my first appointment with a psycologist on monday.

I dont know how or when my condition started, I have always hated being sick. But I think what made me really bad was when my middle son got sick, then passed it onto his dad, who then passed it on to our newborn. Ever since as soon as somebody mentions "sore stomach", I break out into a cold sweat and start panicing!

Yesterday I was at a friends house with 2 of my children. When we were there her son came into the room and said he had a sore stomach.. I got up and left with my boys straightaway and have been stressing out ever since incase my son gets sick (as he was playing with my friends little one).

I know myself how ridiculous I sound, any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanx

S x

nomorepanic
03-02-12, 13:45
Hi Stephm

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Stephm
03-02-12, 14:51
Thank you, its good to know there are other people out there feeling the same! Makes me see im not completely alone xx