PDA

View Full Version : Feeling up and down all day, why? How do I stop?

TillySm
04-02-12, 06:49
Hello,

I am going through some sort of mental health crisis - and I am constantly trying to find a solution in my head. It is a panic/cycle with dp/dr and really bad brain fog and other mental symptoms.

I keep trying to assure myself that it isn't dementia or MS or something sinister and just anxiety (I have seen 2 GP's a psychiatrist and psychologist). The problem is - I convince myself and think 'I just have to stay positive and wait for the meds to work', then I may feel good for the night or in the morning for an hour or two then it ALL COMES FLOODING BACK BECAUSE OF THE FEELING WEIRD. The obsessive (worse case scenario, negativity, depression) thinking starts up again trying to figure out what is wrong - then comes more panic and dread feelings.

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do although I am convinced there is an underlying medical condition. Could my brain chemicals be completely out of whack? How do I get out of this roller coaster?

witsend
06-02-12, 23:16
Hi Tillysm. I can totally relate to the 'wierdness' you describe, I've felt another planet for weeks. It's completely freaking me out. My head is a mess but I don't know why. I feel like I'm losing my mind and it's frightening the life out of me. You are not alone, I want to get of the rollercoaster, too.