PDA

View Full Version : My initial anxiety symptoms to name a few

becksi2006
04-02-12, 09:02
On the 17th December my symptoms were (after a build up of months and months):
*feeling worried about my daughter all the time
*keep crying
*Irrational thoughts of what if I did something awful to myself, my daughter or someone else
*head feels like its going to explode
*being moody with people for no reason
*frightened of everything and myself and why I feel so bad
*jumpy at the slightest noise
*uninterested in people or things
*sleeping too much as its the only time my mind rests
*palpitations, dizziness and my feet feel "fuzzy"
*fear of being seriously ill, thoughts of death
*feeling unwell physically and mentally
*feels like severe PMS symptoms
*forgetting what I am saying mid sentance
*poor concentration
*being forgetful
*chest pains
*no energy to do the simplest things like housework, shopping
*feeling tense, edgy and aggitated all the time
*ringing in my ears (comes and goes)
*feels like I am going crazy
*sickly feeling during the day
*not feeling like anything is real wherever i am or what i am doing
*legs are shaky
*feel like i cant cope with whatever this is
*twiddling fingers and grinding teeth

That is typed from the original symptom list I presented to A&E with, I felt bloody awful and I was going to be sectioned for feeling like this but I got help and it is available to you too, let me know if I can help at anytime xx

bettykitten
04-02-12, 18:30
I have all of those symptoms pretty much! I take it you are feeling better now? What's worked for you? :)

becksi2006
04-02-12, 20:02
I am currently on citalopram, diazepam and promazine, I am still feeling down and anxious most days but not half as bad as I was, I am starting therapy on tuesday too. I hope you start to feel better soon and have you been to your GP yet? I kept a diary of how I was feeling when I was first diagnosed, I can give you some of that info too but that will be tomorrow now, I was absolutely desperate at the time and never want to go back there again. Let me know if I can be any help to you xx Hayley xx

bettykitten
04-02-12, 23:31
Aww thank you Hayley :)

I have been to my GP and I started setraline (Lustral) last sunday. It's knocking me about to be honest but I am trying to ride though it. I was supposed to start them in October last year and I never did, which I am kicking myself for.

How long have you been on the meds?

becksi2006
05-02-12, 07:51
I'm so glad you have been to see your GP at least you are going to get the help you need, dont beat yourself up about not starting them in October your doing it now which is the main thing. I have been on my antidepressants since the 17th of December I started on 10mg and it was increased by 10mg each week by the crisis team from the hospital who visited me every other day so i am stilll in the very early stages yet, I have just had them reduced from 40mg down to 30mg as my GP thinks the dose was too high and was giving me anxiety side effects lol. I have been on the Promazine since then too as that is great at helping with aggitation but like you it does have a drowsy effect until your body gets used to it. I have also been perscribed diazepam this week as I had a really bad week and could feel myself getting more anxious and aggitated, and a few massive panic attacks thrown in made me so tearful and stressed out. I was actually having my hair cut and nearly left the salon mid way through as the panic attack took over me (luckily I stuck it out and my hair was finished lol)!
Well i'll give you a few details about myself, I'm 30 yrs old, mother of 1, good job, new car and a beautiful home so it just goes to show that this crippling illness has no respect for anybody and it can happen to the people you least expect it, my family and friends at first couldnt understand why I would be depressed and anxious but like I said it can get anyone at anytime and its certainly not a choice I would have made for myself!!

Anyway how are you feeling at the moment? What are your symptoms and worries? Feel free to talk on here or in a Private message, if I can help I will xx

LAURA48
05-02-12, 08:54
Hi - so glad you are feeling better - little steps forward, etc. Know just how you feel - it can happen to anyone - probably like me - you make the best of yourself, make up, hair and people think you are ok. I know where I work, yes in a doctors surgery!! nice dragon!! part time - the staff say "oh Laura's in today" it will be fun - if only - just before xmas my Prozac was upped to 40mg - well, like you, anxiety all over the place, did not know what to do with myself - all xmas presents were ordered online! what an effort - just goes to show what they can do - starting Prozac 20mg - getting my knickers in a twist but they have worked well in the past (15 years) - I have a lovely home, supportive husband, etc, but when I feel bad - I want my mum! I am 48! Just so frightening. Keep in touch - Luv Laura x

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Sorry - should be Hi Hayley - don't think I am being rude!!:)

sickandtired
05-02-12, 09:07
yes,im the same putting a front on.....but i could do it no more and actually fell to pieces before xmas.....even stopped having baths,washing my hair....it was too much effort.
what the hell was wrong with me....have a good hubby,3 lovely children,beautiful home,car no money worries and yet i was unhappy....i felt so guilty,selfish.....i had the life i always wanted,but i was a mess....panic attacks,crying bouts....all the symptoms you have becki....its awful isnt it,thinking that something terrible is going to happen to your kids every time they step out the door.....your thoughts are overwhelming and just dont stop....
the intrusive thoughts have finally subsided now ive got help,but i feel numb now.....feel like my body has reacted by shutting down.....im ok if i go to a friends (which is great as i couldnt even do that before xmas) but when im on my own,i feel wiped out...if i didnt have my kids and a home to run,i would sleep all day

becksi2006
05-02-12, 09:44
Hi Laura and "sickandtired", I have experienced so many emotions running from guilt to embarrassment to sadness and pretty much everything else! The main thing was the tiredness, the lack of motivation and the inability to function, even cooking a meal for my daughter was an ordeal!! My intrusive thoughts were just horrible too, if my daughter wasnt up in a morning before me I was petrified to go into her room incase she had died in her sleep, or worse still if I had done something to her and didnt remember doing it, not that I would of course it was just my mind giving me waking nightmares!! I honestly thought I was going insane and there was nothing I could do about it, I could cry just writing this to you guys!! Then there are the worries of my health, every single ache is a lifethreatening illness, I have been in denial that this is all down to anxiety and depression but I think finally I am accepting it now and acceptance is a major thing when dealing with this.
Anyway i'm sorry to babble on but its good to have others who are in the same position and share the same fears and worries, not to mention the rollercoaster of emotions we go through each and every day!!
Love Hayley xx

sickandtired
05-02-12, 10:17
hey we,re not barmy! just our minds are poorly and need a rest.
i was sat on my landing not so long ago,crying my eyes out because i saw one of the neighbours putting some big bags in their carboot......i suddenly had this terrible vision that my daughter hadnt made it to school ....that theyd abducted her,done terrible things and that was my poor daughter they were disposing of.......i told myself not to be so stupid...but then i immediatly thought.....'but what if?" i sat there feeling so guilty because i usually watch her walk to school (its only round the corner from us) she,s 13 this week for goodness sake......anyway,that morning,i hadnt watched her,as i,d been doing my other daughter's pack lunch,hair etc.....
i actually cried to myself....if anything happens,its my fault because i wasnt watching/protecting her....(i even rang her mobile)
my other daughter has asthma ,so you can imagine my worries with her,and my son was dabbling in drugs a few years ago (another desperate time)......i just feel so responsible all the time,and just want to be that perfect Mum.....any mistakes the kids make at school,i blame myself,i critisize my parenting skills all the time.....i just thought by wrapping them up in cotton wool that they would have this perfectly safe childhood......but kids grow up and you cant watch them forever,this i find hard to bear.....i so want to protect them from the outside world
i can relate to the 'worrying about going in my daughters room' in the morning
i go in their rooms every night,check their ds,xbox,TV,s are all switched off at the mains,check the rooms are neither too hot or cold,make sure they arent sleeping in their dressing gowns (the belt might somehow get entangled around thier neck)
i have an obsession with smoke alarms,carbon monoxide poisoning etc....checking locks and windows
there,s so many things ive been doing for so long ,its no wonder im knakkered with all the worry.
some of my friends think im a bit mad,so over protective....but now i know im not the only one....that im not nuerotic,that there is a reason im like this ,i feel i can get well again.
pm me anytime,both of you xx