PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and alcohol

cactusclunk
04-02-12, 13:23
Hey Folks,

What are your experiences mixing the two? I realise it advises you not to do this but I didn't think there would be a problem with moderation?

Saying that, I had four bottles of beer last night with a large meal while out and I felt really terrible in the middle of the night with panic that I have not had in a long time. Related? Maybe!

Thanks.

TillySm
04-02-12, 21:56
I think it can, but it can also go the other way. I went to a dinner party the other night and had caffeine followed by alcohol. Man I had the worst panic ever that night.

But strangely, yesterday I was feeling TERRIBLE.. then at dinner at had 3 beers - and felt GREAT. I felt affected by the alcohol pretty bad (probably from the zoloft) but it removed all my anxiety and I was able to think clearer than I have in days! Go figure..

raverminx
11-02-12, 19:57
im usually ok with drinking on antidepressants.... however that was on seroxat which sent me manic. i was drinking a bottle of vodka a day easily and no hangover the next day.

sertraline on the other hand makes me a light weight, i become a horrible person on it and i do get horrible hangovers. To the point where i cant go out and drink now. i can socially drink indoors but thats about it

MintyFresh
11-02-12, 21:46
I don't seem to have any problems at all drinking with it. In fact the more I drink the better I feel and don't even seem to suffer as much the next day.