PDA

View Full Version : Urge to urinate more or less all day, driving me mad!

jaynehal
04-02-12, 16:28
Hi I'm new and have been reading a lot of posts on here which seems to help, im 30 years old an my horrible anxiety symptom of frequent urination which started oct 2011 is driving me mad had it nearly every day for 3 months, when I went to my doctors who said I had I water infection, this symptom never went and I had about 6 courses of anti biotics and most of the urine samples which where sent to be cultured all came back fine, anyway I've had bloods taken to check for other causes like diabetes, thyroid, kidneys etc which where all fine, had ultra sound of kidneys and pelvic area including bladder, and cystoscopy which was also normal, I'm pleased everything is clear but really would like an explanation as to why this frequent urination won't go, my doctor thinks it's anxiety as I have suffered with health anxiety on and off for 10 years since my dad passed away very young, but I've never been this bad, it's taking over my life!

Hope someone can help! I'm sick of googling and thinking I've got every life threatning illness its making me very depressed! One day I think it's cancer and the other I think ms even though my doctor has to reassure me it's not!

HELP!!

Thanks Jayne

keta
04-02-12, 18:41
hi Jayne

It's anxiety i ve been having this symptom for good 7 years now. I had all tests done just like you and all came back negative. I wish i could help somehow because i know how frustrating this can be. Have your gp recommended any therapy such as CBT ?

jaynehal
04-02-12, 18:49
Thanks for your reply, I'm going insane with it, today I'm having a bad day ie going every hour but like I'm desperate, then not much comes out, then on other days I'll be a bit better, wish I knew how to stop being anxious, yes my doc has put me in touch with Cbt but waiting for my app, hope it helps, how have you managed? Thanks Jane x

keta
04-02-12, 19:07
I'm ok when i am at home or work or places i can feel relaxed about, but because of this i have developed agoraphobia, i can't go to many places especially if i know they are no toilets there, have had CBT which helped a bit in the beginning but i have been on citalopram 3 times already and now not taking anything as it doesn't treat the condition anyway. Do you feel the need to go when you at home feeling relaxed ?

jaynehal
04-02-12, 22:51
Glad I'm not on my own, I seem to be ok at work because it's routine, I feel worse at weekends when I don't have any plans, and yes I do feel bad sometimes even if I'm in the house, mostly because I'm very conscious of it and googling all the time, I can do 6 hours at weekend just trying to find out what's wrong with me, very distressing and my partner is fed up with me, but he doesn't understand! So I guess that's also why I'm bad at weekends because I've no one to talk to about it, sometimes feel like I'm going out my mind! Thanks again! X

bettykitten
04-02-12, 23:26
Me too! It's annoying but nothing other than anxiety. try and ignore it if you can. I trained myself to sop needing to go so much by simply ignoring the urge for as long as I could, when I had my last bout of it. It did work and I was back to normal within days.

jaynehal
05-02-12, 08:52
I'll give it a go thanks :) although my bladder feels full 20 mins after I've been, but I can hold it, but it's still not massive amount even if I wait, perhaps it's cause I'm going in the night as well, as I'm having trouble sleeping, wish I was back to normal it's making me very tired all this worrying, it's hard to distract myself away from thinking about it, but I have noticed if I'm at a friends or in work busy it's not so apparent, thanks again Jayne
X