PDA

View Full Version : Proving yourself wrong

MaryMac
04-02-12, 17:19
Hi. :) Does anyone else sometimes take on activities just to prove to yourself that you don't have some sort of serious illness? I'm convinced I have leukemia, and a couple of days ago I decided to go for a walk/hike that involves a fairly steep climb. Even though I'm not the most fit of people, I got to the top and my heart was pounding and I was gasping for breath but I thought "if I was REALLY ill I wouldn't be able to do this!!" It made me feel better. I've started also taking the stairs instead of lifts, and I keep trying to tell myself that it's good that I can do these things without becoming completely exhausted.
Anyone else do this sort of thing to prove themselves wrong?
x

Danii
04-02-12, 17:28
I do! I constantly think I wont be able to breathe, or I cant breathe, so I get on my exercise bike and pedal my heart out.

carefree68
04-02-12, 17:42
I Love a good spin class 3 times a week whilst Im having a heart attack. LOL yep.

kinnygirl1
04-02-12, 19:58
Not intentionally but I think it's probably a good way of handling things. I know that I once heard that a woman who thought she was having a heart attack was told by her doctor to do 10 jumping jacks - she did them and he said to her " do you think you'd be able to do that if you were having a heart attack?" x