PDA

View Full Version : Trying to move more.. but just feel utterly exhausted!!

VioletWings
04-02-12, 22:44
Sorry, it's me again! :ohmy: I decided today that whatever is up with me I probably need to attempt to move about more. Which I've been avoiding since my chest has been weird/breathlessness and exhaustion. Anyway I tried to stay on my feet around and about the house today more and am feeling utterly physically exhausted as a result! I was hoping I'd somehow find I could handle it, but I'm just feeling whacked! I'm 25 and nowhere near overweight, this is not cool! Can this possibly still be anxiety related stuff? :unsure:

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Anyone??

Pipkin
04-02-12, 22:51
Hi Violet,

I guess the first question is have you seen your GP and had other causes ruled out? If so, I think you may have the answer in your question in that you need to start to be more active.

Anxiety can make you feel very weak and listless, and this gets worse if you remain quite inactive. I know when I'm feeling at my worst, I can stay in the house, even in bed, for a couple of days. When I try to move around more and go out, I feel exhausted and weak. This goes away though and it's important that you make yourself become more active, which I can see you're trying to do. Remember, small steps at a time. If you try too much too soon, you'll make yourself worse and give up trying.

Take care

Pip

bettykitten
04-02-12, 22:59
What Pipkin said.

I've had a really low week this week. I've been getting home from dropping my son at school and coming home and sleeping/lying on the sofa. Today, I felt better and felt disgusted at the state I've let my house get in to so I have cleaned and tidied like a crazy lady. Now I feel shattered! Probably should have built up gradually and done one room at a time but I am an all or nothing kind of person!