PDA

View Full Version : A newbie in flouxetine med!

Naro1
05-02-12, 10:40
Hi to all fellow sufferers!

I've been reading this forum for over a month and decided to register because I find many compassionate people here with practical advices. And I am also encouraged to go on with my medications because of the success stories posted herein along with their difficult journey but they were motivated and persevered. And so these people are my inspirations right now!

I am 43yrs old, happily married and mother of 4children. Suffers with anxiety on and off for about 15yrs. Had a 3 full blown panic attack and was brought to ER in those times.

Recently, since December, my anxiey went thru the roof! I've been putting off the AD that my doc was prescribing few months ago. This time I personally asked her for the script because I would like to get well in the long run and not just manage my anxiety short term on xanax.

I am on my 6th day on flouxetine 10mg right now! Side effects are nasty, but then again I just go over the success stories from this forum to get going! Xanax helps to at least manage the side effects. I still have a long way to go and I pray for patience and perseverance.

Naro1

diane07
05-02-12, 10:42
Hi Naro1

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes