PDA

View Full Version : Bowel

Joey 1275
05-02-12, 15:12
Hi, I apologise if I have posted this in wrong section.
I have for many years suffered health anxiety but things improved when I started taking citalopram. Everything was fine for the first 3 months and life seemed a lot sweeter. Since then I have developed constant soft stool issues that have continued for around 5 months. I havent mentioned it to my gp cos I'm so scared he will tell me something I don't want to hear. Stupid I know but I'm destroying myself here that I have some form of bowel or colon cancer.
Occasionally I have a normal movement but 99% of the time it's just a yellowish mush like a cowpat. I'm so besides myself now because of the latest tv campaign about bowel cancer suggesting soft stools for more than 3 weeks is a sign of having it.
I don't pass blood, as yet anyway and not noticeably lost weight. Sometimes the movements are explosive especially first thing in morning.
Thank you for reading.

Joey :-(

Stormsky
05-02-12, 15:13
You should definately go to your gp - or at least ring the NHS helpline to discuss it..

Pipkin
05-02-12, 16:16
Joey,

People's bowel habits do change, especially when on medication. Chances are it's nothing to worry about but, as Stormsky said, probably worth a trip to the GP just to make sure.

We've all been there when we're really worried about physical symptoms so I know how you feel.

Take care

Pip

Joey 1275
05-02-12, 16:56
Thanks Pip, appreciate what u both say. I'm just so suddenly freaked out over this since the tv ad. Had no idea that I had similar symptoms. I hate my life being this way. It destroys me inside :. (

I shall have to try and face upto it and see my gp in the week

X

Pipkin
08-02-12, 21:27
Joey,

Good luck - it'll be fine.

Pip x