PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here and feeling pretty low.

WittyFool
05-02-12, 19:02
Hello, I'm new here :) In the last few weeks I've been suffering increasingly bad health anxiety, especially about my heart. This week I've really hit rock bottom and have been having panic attacks at least once a day, normally more. I can't concentrate on anything other than worrying about my health and I've been feeling scared of going to sleep.
Hopefully going to the doctor tomorrow to get things sorted out because at the minute I'm feeling pretty awful.

diane07
05-02-12, 19:03
Hi WittyFool

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
05-02-12, 19:04
hi
sorry to hear your not feeling great at present... definately see gp, to discuss it all and discuss your options....
What started all this?

swanlinnet
05-02-12, 19:20
Welcome :) I'm sure the GP will allay your fears. Even so, I worry so much about my health . It's easy giving advice but not so easy taking it sometimes :)

Vince:)

WittyFool
05-02-12, 19:38
Thank you for the messages. The worrying has been building up for the last few weeks, I went to the doctors on Wednesday and gave me a very low dose (10 mg to take morning and night) of Beta Blockers to slow my heart rate down. He said my heart sounded fine, just fast because of the anxiety. Since then the anxiety and panic attacks have gotten worse and I'm hoping to get an appointment tomorrow because I feel like I can't cope with the constant worrying and fear any more. The muscles in my chest and abdoment feel so tight and I'm having occasional heart palpitations which tends to set off another attack even though I tell myself it's normal.

swanlinnet
05-02-12, 20:08
It could be something has happened to upset you. But, even so, the result is you are panicky.

I reckon as time passes and with the GP's help it should fade.

It's awful when we have our feathers' ruffled and life can ceratinly churn out some awful situations. Hope you begin to settle. Vince :)