PDA

View Full Version : Starting again...

stefan234
05-02-12, 19:04
Hey I just started taking cipralex 10mg again about 10 days ago. I started back in May and discontinued in November cuz i felt that i wasnt feeling the benefits of it. my symptoms were feeling anxiety for a certain part of my body and holding on to that pain with fear that it won't go away. So from about May till about 10 days ago Ive had this pain in my head that I know i would self-create but is involuntary as you know anxiety always is. For the past ten days I’ve been having instead the regular symptoms of anxiety which is intense butterflies in my stomach particularly when i wake up in the morning, EVERY morning (but no longer pain in my head). I dont know what the reason is? I’ve had anxiety my whole life and I keep blaming it on being born with it but of course I dont wish this to be true, nor do I know if it is or is possible. What I can say is that my anxiety has been worse and more out of control ever since i finished university 3 years ago (Jan 2009) and I havent been able to find a job that would satisfy me and could stick to for longer than a month because of my anxiety.
To make the long story short, cuz i know i can go on for pages, i feel like i wont be able to control this anxiety any longer and that ill end up in the hospital or something. I feel like theres no exit to this! Ive been having this for so long its just making me sick and I dont even WANT to deal with it anymore. I can never be at peace! Always feeling disturbed. And i have constantly bad thoughts and past bad thoughts, all involuntary again.

Im wondering will this cipralex help even a bit? Is it the wrong AD for me? or just not high enough dose? what exactly do i need to do to feel some stability and happiness? cuz thats what im searching for. people are just telling me "you need to find a job is all" to be busy. but i know from experience that even when i had a job i still had anxiety. so i know thats not the whole answer, but im sure it would help alot to be busy. im confused with life and dont know where to go or what to do. im also not in canada anymore but in europe and i didnt get a doctor yet to tell me what is best for me but I plan on doing it very soon. Except ive already seen like 10 different psychologist/therapists in my life and I always give up on them feeling like they cant help me. Ive lost so much hope Im barely getting by. My only hopes now is that some pill will work for me. But how do I even figure that out? I heard there is like 80 different ADs out there, am I seriously supposed to try all of them to see which works for me?
Anyway ill stop here cuz I think I wrote enough and I’d be sursprised if someone here even read what I wrote cuz I know its whole a lot! Thanks for the help! Its MORE than appreciated. And Im glad to be part of the forum. :)

Stormsky
05-02-12, 19:26
Hi,
Firstly we are not born with anxiety, it is something we learn, and as such, apparently we can unlearn it !!
Im no fan of meds, i dont think they cure anything,just mask the problem...you come off them and could be back at square one... i was on meds for 9yrs, decided to come off them and deal with whatever happened once i was off... been off 6 months, its not easy but i personnally think i feel better off them than i did on them!
You should definately try and see a gp soon like you said, see if theres any counselling that they can offer... you need to talk it all out with someone... Anxiety is horrible, hard to function with it i know... but all the negative thoughts and worry are what cause it in the first place, so you need to address that.

smb25
07-02-12, 20:18
Stefan, I think you need to get some help as soon as possible, whether it be therapy or medication. Please don't lose hope. I don't know if we are born prone to these things or not, I tend to believe, it is possible.... just an opinion.

There is treatment for EVERYONE, its just finding the right one for you. You may find you need to try a couple of different AD's until you find the right one but certainly not 80! if medication is your answer.

Therapy can have a long waiting list so don't delay in seeing your doc asap for a referral, it may be for a while you have a combination of therapy and meds.

There is light at the end of the tunnel lovely, it may seem far away but believe me its there and you WILL find it.

Best wishes x