PDA

View Full Version : All Time Low

Corona89
05-02-12, 20:47
I joined this site back in December but didn't post much as I started to feel better. Anyway recently I've been feeling the worse I've felt in a while. I've been off work since October, got put on sertraline (after being on it last year) and the dose has been up'd to 100mg. Anyway I've had a few good days since the up'd dose (about 2 months ago) but the last two weeks I just feel stuck in a rut. No energy to do anything, and lost all interest in everything. I tried to keep active when I was first off work but not even doing that now. I'm losing contact with my friends and on half pay at work now which a think isn't helping me feel better. If I could I would just quit work as the thought of going back seems impossible (I also have a meeting with my boss on Tuesday but i'm going to try and do it over phone as I do not want to go there) Anyway to get to the point is there anything I should try? Do you think I need a medication change (citalopram never worked either)?

And sorry for the long post, I just had to get all that out.

Stormsky
05-02-12, 21:44
Live like you dont have the condition.... thats what they say!
work is a good distraction, and we all need to feel worth while... will giving up really help you? stopping contact with friends isnt wise either... even if you really have to force yourself to go out... i mean once your out, having a laugh, you feel good... you need to live in the real world, not in your head all the time...
if your meds arent working , get back to gp for a review.... and tell them how youve been feeling too...
Im no fan of meds, i dont think they cure anything, just mask the problems ... and some actually make you feel worse... i was on meds 9yrs, came off them 6 months ago, and not planning going back on them!

Corona89
06-02-12, 11:24
Well I'm going back to Docs on Thurs and hopefully he doesn't tell me to just wait another month and see how I feel on the meds. Can't really get out of the meeting with my boss so I will go to that tomorrrow (I don't mind the meeting it will be bumping into everyone asking me how I'm doing I can't be bothered with). I should have probably said I feel my job has been the main contributer to my depression. Before I started I was a happy guy who enjoyed going out all the time but after around 4 years in the job it has just ate away at me.

Thanks for your reply btw :)

Corona89
07-02-12, 17:10
Well actually feel a bit better after being back into work and seeing some people again. Helped me realise I was in my head too much sitting at home thinking all the time. Hoping to be back in a month or so... I realised I've been sitting around blaming everything for my problems and not learning to deal with them.

Greenman50
07-02-12, 18:48
Hi mate

I must admit i felt better when i FORCED myself back to work , it was really difficult though .

Look after yourself and try and get out and about more to get ready to go back . Again not easy , but i think with every little bit more we do , the slowly we feel better .

Corona89
07-02-12, 20:13
Yeah Mel thanks bud, I've been off before for a few weeks and worried about going back then been fine once i got there. I think because it's been a few months I've worried alot more.

Corona89
07-03-12, 22:31
Bump

Well I'm going back to work tomorrow (phased return, 2 days this week, 3 next then 5) and feeling ok just now. No doubt the nerves will kick in when i'm walking in the building lol. I came off my meds and have been treating myself with exercise, positive thinking and also applied for a new job (current job is really dull which i think attributed to my over-thinking of things). Going to sort my life out (start driving again, get a flat, meet new people) and try to cut out all my negative thinking and feeling like everyone is against me. If I start to feel down again I will try to deal with the problem and not just sit around doing nothing for days/weeks.

I'd also like to say this site has really helped with people replying and also just reading other peoples experiences. A huge thank you and I hope everyone who's not feeling great gets better.

fell_on_black_days
07-03-12, 23:50
good luck with it all. the worst thing is the fear in your mind. doing it helps dispell it. difficult but once out there it falls into place.