PDA

View Full Version : ladies - stressing out over the pill!

miniholly
05-02-12, 21:16
Well I've taken my Pill (cilest) correctly everyday this month at almost the exact same time every day. I've had sex a few times this month unprotected (neither of us have any STI's) and I'm so so so scared I'm pregnant :weep:
I've had light cramping for the past few days like I always do, a bit moody, sharp pain in breast from time to time and a lot of gas.
Just so scared I'm pregnant, my periods due within the next week or so and I've been on the pill for around 3 months now. I'm petrified and trying not to have an anxiety attack over this but its so hard :weep: Someone help?

iluvstaffies1
05-02-12, 21:19
Why do you think you could be pregnant? You say you have taken your Pill correctly for the past month, so really there is no reason you should be pregnant.

Stormsky
05-02-12, 21:21
yes why? youve taken pill, you say the cramping is like what you normally get as well...whats so different thats worrying you??

miniholly
05-02-12, 21:25
I just remember someone from my college telling me about her sister getting pregnant and she was on the pill, can't help but think I'll be the one of the few people who it happens to! I was on the pill for about a year last year before I decided to take a break for a few months and I was fine for the entire year I was on but I've always been a bit of a worry wart when it comes to my time of the month :blush:

Stormsky
05-02-12, 21:29
Your college friends sister may not have been taking it properly, couldve been the wrong pill for her, could be a number of reasons she got pregnant, the percentages are very low that people get pregnant on the pill....

swgrl09
05-02-12, 22:06
When taking the pill properly, you are 99% protected from pregnancy. I've been on it for 4 years, with the same partner, and we've had no problems with it.

Kabsy
06-02-12, 18:33
I would seriously doubt that you are pregnant - you have done all the right things to protect yourself. I was on Cilest for years and had no problems. To put your mind at rest you could always take a test. Tescos own brand is quite cheap £3-4 I think. Like many of us girls your hormones are probably intensifying your worrying and tbh through my own experience ( and I totally get worrying that you are prg when you don't want to be) worrying can also delay your period. Take Care x

Lindy
06-02-12, 21:45
Sounds like you have done everything right!!

You could always get an IUD or try the injection? If you don't have to think about it every day it will be one less thing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

I doubt you are pregnant too. You could always start using condoms too...that could help you be less anxious for future periods. X

Can I just say that this is one of the best usernames I've seen on this forum :D

happycarrot
07-02-12, 01:38
The symptoms you describe may be caused by the pill itself, and they don't mean you're pregnant. Some people have breast pain, mood swings, digestive upset, etc. as side effects of the pill--everyone really reacts differently to every pill. If you continue to have symptoms, you may want to talk to your doctor about switching to a different pill. Just be sure to keep taking the pill at the same time every day and you shouldn't have a reason to worry about being pregnant.