PDA

View Full Version : Feel the same too!

PITITA
18-06-06, 00:12
Hi everyone,

Im so glad to be reading these posts about the fear of being pregnant as I have been dealing with it for quite some time now myself. There is no pressure coming from anybody ,ie family or my husband...its self-imposed...lol

Well I have never had this problem before my anxiety started...it is so sad for me to think back the old day...the days before my anxiety...because I was the calmest and most grounded person you could ever meet...I was resilient to stress and the world around me.
Then when I had my first panic attack I became vulnerable in an instant.

This is how my fear started.
Worked with a girl who accidentaly fell pregnant although she was on the pill. She did amazingly well...she is always calm like a Zen monk..she is very spiritual and collected...just like I used to be. But since my anxiety I developed the fear of scizophrenia and since then I am scared of being pregnant. For one I am scared that such a change as pregnancy could induce scizophrenia...I am scared of this happening to me as well because my brother had it and he comitted suicide and we both had an awful upbringing, so I feel it could easily happen to me too! My second fear id, that if I do give birth to a baby he/she will always be in danger because I could just go mad and he/she won't have a mum anymore...like if I get hospitalized and lose my identity and become delusional...etc. that would be terrible for my child to have a mum like that or be an orphan...etc. I guess to some people my fears may seem hard to relate to, but that's MY reason for being afraid of pregnancy :)

" The solution to a problem is right through it..."