PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown eyelash?

crystal17
06-02-12, 09:33
Last night I noticed my right eye started feeling irritated, and as I closed my eye it felt like there was something bothering it underneath. Hard to explain...anyway this morning its definitely irritated by something and so annoying - I keep wanting to rub it as this is the only way to stop it for a few seconds, but is it possible to have an ingrowing eyelash? Or a stye? I don't want to go to the doctors about this, eyes are one of my big worries and I don't want them looking into it, just wondered if anyone has ever had this and how long it lasted, thanks :)

Beyonderz
06-02-12, 11:12
It can be a simple problem like, one of the small things (I don't know what they are called) that grow inside eyelids, you know totally harmless. But they irritate a lot.
I recommend you not to rub your eyes and do not touch your eyelids. Just see a doctor, they will give you something to get it better.

Shiloh
06-02-12, 13:05
Sounds just like a stye to me. I've had loads over the years and the first sign is that scratchy feeling. You can buy over the counter treatments at Boots, Lloyds etc. which work as antiseptic. It is important to keep it clean if it develops into a stye, so avoid rubbing with grubby mitts!

swgrl09
06-02-12, 14:20
I agree, either a stye forming or what sometimes happens to me is that I get makeup or mascara stuck in my eyelid and if I don't wash it out before bed, it can get irritated. Try a warm compress for a while.

crystal17
06-02-12, 15:09
Thanks guys for replying, I've left it alone since I posted this earlier and it is alot better, though slightly red and hurts a bit when I blink. Will see how it is tomorrow :)

Corona89
06-02-12, 15:55
Sounds like a sty but it could be an eyelash. A few weeks ago i felt like i had something in my eye and kept rubbing it. After looking closely in the mirror one eyelash was pointing down and scratching my eye.

theharvestmouse
06-02-12, 16:12
stye's bloody hurt and become irritable, the same goes when you have a stray eyelash on your eyeball.

crystal17
06-02-12, 16:16
Sounds like a sty but it could be an eyelash. A few weeks ago i felt like i had something in my eye and kept rubbing it. After looking closely in the mirror one eyelash was pointing down and scratching my eye.

Ouch! Yeah sounds the same kind of thing. I've put cotton wool soaked in water on it which has helped for now.