PDA

View Full Version : Tingling/twitching in hands and calves

jarmummy123
06-02-12, 10:35
Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced twitching and tingling in hands and calves, also randon twitches all over body? I have a drs appt tonight about it. It mainly occurs when I am at rest and while in bed before sleep. When I move about it stops.

xtremx
06-02-12, 14:10
Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced twitching and tingling in hands and calves, also randon twitches all over body? I have a drs appt tonight about it. It mainly occurs when I am at rest and while in bed before sleep. When I move about it stops.

Yes have done now for a year, Have constant Twitching in both calf's
and also in the hands around the thumb muscle(forgot the name of it) and on/off all over the body.

It is a condition called BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome). Mainly occurs when the muscle is at rest. Please don't worry if your dr refers you to a neurologist as most doctors have never heard of it but unless you have any other symptoms. You will be told it is nothing to worry about.

I have youtube videos of my calf's twitching it look really weird.

:hugs:

luckyme
06-02-12, 16:21
Hello,

I have experienced that many times, especially when i have a lot of anxiety. It gets worse if you think about it to much. but do not panic this is part of anxiety. sometimes i even feel like my hairs are lifting (i know that sounds crazy)

Hope you feel better :hugs:

mwone13
06-02-12, 17:09
HIya,

I get this loads. Sometimes calfs/thigh. But usually in my neck and on top of my head. feels weird. But I think loads of people get it not just us lot with HA.

Rachel W
06-02-12, 17:33
yes, classic sign of anxiety. As they mentioned it is called BFS sometimes with cramps too. Symptoms get worse with anxiety, but can occur any time.