PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE - suffering from health anxiety

Kabsy
06-02-12, 11:27
Hi,

And Hello to all.

Just to introduce myself I suffer from health anxiety, this has been gradually building up since I had kids (nearly 9 years ago) - but has been progressively getting worse since my youngest was a baby and we had the swine flu scare. Since then I obsess about my kids and my health almost non stop. Strangely, I worry only a little about my husbands health.

Currently, I am stressing about my own as I have had mild discomfort in my rib area for a while and despite seeing GP (who is not concerned) I am still convinced that something terrible is wrong with me. :unsure:

nomorepanic
06-02-12, 11:31
Hi Kabsy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
06-02-12, 11:33
Hi kabsy and :welcome: to nmp, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Kendra
06-02-12, 13:37
Hi Kabsy, welcome to the most wonderful site in the world. Its been so helpful to me!! Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way.

I had a simlar problem with my rib. When it was checked out I found out that my bottom rib is longer than the other rib and has been since birth and since having my little boy and I have been stretched etc it rubs from time to time.

Try not to worry its probably nothing to worry about!!

x x x

Kabsy
06-02-12, 18:07
Thank you all, I am trying to chill and not get so wound up. Easier said than done I know. Hoping I can pull myself together for tomorrow as it is my birthday and I really don't want to be stressing all day.

Kendra, I sometimes think that it feels like something is stuck or catching.