PDA

View Full Version : newbie and feeling rubbish

babycakes979
06-02-12, 15:00
Hi all im Emma , im a proud mum of 3 children(1 disabled) whom i raised by my self until i met my partner in 2010 .
I am type 2 diabetic and since i found out i was diabetic in 2007 my life has been a never ending panic attack ,i have high blood pressure too and i suffer with palpitations ,which i take meds for all 3 , slow release metformin , losartan bisoprolol
Some days i can cope with this awful feeling but most days its swallows me , i can be sitting at home feeling fine then the next minute i start to thing oh i havent had a palpitation yet , then off it goes i have one , then i worry my heart is beating too slow or fast , then i think omg im going to have a heart attack , im on my own what if , and im sure you all know it then runs through your head every worst thought ever .... I think my dying thing is related to my brother passing when he was 4 and i was 2 so i have carried that all my life , then i worry what if i die and i leave my children etc .I have been to the docs and they have referred me to the cardiologist and they have done stress tests ecgs u name it they have done it , i have been told there is NOTHING wrong with me , so if not why do i get palpitations , feel dizzy , rubbish every day . I hate feeling like this , i used to run around with my kids , go on the fairs rides , i used to be out going and fun and now im boring and dont do anything as it brings on feelings of palpitations and dizziness . i am a shadow of my former self . While i sit here writing this its hard to think this is really me , how did i get to be this person,I find i struggle to go shopping and be in a que , i cant get stuck in traffic , it all comes to the what happens if i cant get somewhere to get food , im diabetic , i need to eat , what if im stuck here too long etc , the ambulance cant get to me if i need one , then with all this snow i panicked what happens if i need to get help , it wont reach me , noone can get through the snow , god im waffling , sorry :weep:.
I think finding this site is a release of how crap i feel , maybe someone will be able to tell me it will be OK and im going to get through this one day .
i did go to the docs and they just prescribed me Prozac as they said i was depressed , that just made me feel like a zombie so i took myself off it after 6 months and im glad i did , it didn't make me feel better , worse in fact .
Im getting married in 11 weeks and 5 days and i don't want to be worrying and having a full blown panic attack in the church .

Someone please tell me im normal !!!!

nomorepanic
06-02-12, 15:01
Hi babycakes979

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kittikat
06-02-12, 15:16
Hi Emma, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I am no doctor, but it sounds like classic anxiety and panic to me. I've had this for around 6 years, also have high BP and take losartan, felodipine and bisoprolol as well as diazepam for the anx/panic. I sympathise with you and also have all those thoughts and feelings you get about being out, shopping, driving etc. Make an appointment to see your GP, write down all the things you mentioned in your post, I'm sure they will understand. You are not alone...we all have our demons to deal with and sometimes need a little help along the way. :hugs:

babycakes979
06-02-12, 15:37
Thanks Kitty .

Glad someone can understands how im feeling :)

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

sorry Kittikat:blush: