PDA

View Full Version : A tuff time

tommy1982
06-02-12, 17:50
It's been a tuff few days for me, I relapsed on the over the counter pain killer I got off in the psyhc hospital, was slowly weening off it, and ended up having a night drinking , and drank way too much alcohol and had the hang over from hell

It has brought on this huge bout of crippling anxiety, and it has me feeling so so hopeless.

This is my 3rd day off the Solveadine (pain killer) so maybe its withdrawal too.

I so hope my effexor kick in and I learn from this this time, that I cant even look at those pills, and when I drink my effexor stops to work.

thoughts of how long this will last just keeps going through my mind,

Im a very silly boy.

pinkdove
06-02-12, 18:33
Hi tommy i have just started on effexor, just 6 days ago, after stopping citalopram,
i have not had a glass of wine since starting on it, i am scared it will interact with the meds.

I could drink ok on citalopram, but had been on that for over a year, after reading your post i think i will give it a miss for a bit longer.

You could be suffering withdrawal from your painkiller;s hope you feel better soon x

theharvestmouse
06-02-12, 18:38
Drinking makes everything worse, I know because I've done the same as you in the past, the hangovers became like hell and the anxiety was a hundred times worse.

If I were you I'd stop drinking completely until you have sorted yourself out.

pinkdove
06-02-12, 18:41
Drinking makes everything worse, I know because I've done the same as you in the past, the hangovers became like hell and the anxiety was a hundred times worse.

If I were you I'd stop drinking completely until you have sorted yourself out.
Yes i agree, that;s why i have not had a drink at all.........don;t want to feel worse, and want the ven to kick in before i drink x

nicola1980
06-02-12, 18:55
Ive not had a drink since starting cit in september!!! i daren't! solphadine is a highly addictive painkiller so you could well be experiencing withdrawal from the codeine in it xx