PDA

View Full Version : help please :0(

pinknfluffy
06-02-12, 19:11
Hi everybody , this is my first time on the forum I have never been on a forum about my anxiety before so please bare with me . I am 32 and have been suffering with anxiety for as long as I can remember even as a child but have never tried to seek help ever in all the years in worry that I might be thought of as crazy. My main problems began after being in a violent relationship which thankfully I was able to get out of . I began to have a huge fear of cats that got worse and worse over time to the point I would not leave the house on my own couldn’t go to friends or family’s houses or go out on my own to the shops the park or anywhere really and still to this day I only go out with my husband and even then I am limited to where I will go. Then I had a allergic reaction to a cream one day and ended up covered in blisters and that’s where my new problems started I have become obsessed with having a allergic reactions to things even things I have used for years. Now I only live on sandwiches as I am scared to eat anything new I only drink coffee or water. I will only use the same brand of make up deodorant perfume anything really I have had to give up my work as I am scared of the products I had to use I am frightened of pretty much everything even trying on new clothes that have not been washed the list is endless. I am also always convinced I am ill mind you I know what the cause for this is and that is a few years back I had cancer then found out I have a chronic neurological condition so my fear has stemmed from there. I also am meant to start taking medication to stop the progression of my disorder but I know I wont take the medication because of fear of a side effect .I have just had enough now I need some help I have tried to fight my feelings for so many years now and want to change so badly any advice would be appreciated , thank you

saro
06-02-12, 19:54
Hey pink.. and welcome to chat. Sounds like you have health anxiety which a lot of people have on this site. Im sure you will meet some good people who suffer similar things that you do. I dont suffer this type of anxiety myself but there are many different therapies you can try to control it.

Sarah

pinknfluffy
06-02-12, 19:58
Thankyou hun, I hope so enough now i am going to beat these feelings once and for all :0) just need some advice to help me on my way Xx

Mindful
06-02-12, 20:15
Hiya and well done for taking that first step and asking for help, takes guts to put yourself out there and open up so really well done for that. x

Anxiety manifests itself in so many ways and everyone has their own story of how things began and how they grow into what they are today. Also anxiety can affect us all in different ways, for some its heart related, breathing related, other physical feelings, for some its irrational thoughts. There is no right or wrong in anxiety but there is one common theme, we are all suffering with the ''what if'' thoughts. Those what if thoughts become fear and so the cycle begins.

Enjoy reading the forum, take in as much info as you can, slowly process it and let it all make sense to you and how it fits into your anxious mind. Then begin to work on changing those ''what ifs'' into ''so what!'' xxx