PDA

View Full Version : Money anxiety- am I going broke !

Bluebelle
07-02-12, 01:18
Does anyone else worry about money? I have been having major anxiety about being owing money and not having any to pay bills.

I know this is a hard time financially for many people in Canada- high heating cost etc but this money anxiety is really knocking me back.

Does anyone else have anxiety over money?

swanlinnet
07-02-12, 02:01
Now and then it can cause me inconvenience.

I've found watching the tv where it seems people are judged
by what diamond ring they have and where they live will cause people
to despair.

All told, money can be a nuisance for us all.

kittikat
07-02-12, 17:55
Does anyone else worry about money? I have been having major anxiety about being owing money and not having any to pay bills.

I know this is a hard time financially for many people in Canada- high heating cost etc but this money anxiety is really knocking me back.

Does anyone else have anxiety over money?

Always worrying about money, bills etc. Times are tough here in the UK too. I,ve cut back every way I possibly can but still panic every time a bill comes in or rent is due. I'll be living on thin air soon I think :wacko: My salary does not change but things go up every year, just about getting by day to day and never anything over to give myself the odd treat. Feel so resentful sometimes :mad: like I'm working for nothing, all gone before I get it.

Bluebelle
08-02-12, 03:37
Always worrying about money, bills etc. Times are tough here in the UK too. I,ve cut back every way I possibly can but still panic every time a bill comes in or rent is due. I'll be living on thin air soon I think :wacko: My salary does not change but things go up every year, just about getting by day to day and never anything over to give myself the odd treat. Feel so resentful sometimes :mad: like I'm working for nothing, all gone before I get it.

I know what you mean- about it all being gone before I get it !

I am living in absolute fear of something....like my little dog/cat needing vet care and will I be able to afford it?

I don't know what else I can cut back on- there is nothing left to cut out of my budget !

It is a terrible thing to have money anxiety- you actually need money to survive and I feel like my entire survival is being threatened .

This "going broke" fear is more crippling than anything I have had to deal with- it is so hard .

I just want to cry

JoJoR
08-02-12, 10:38
I feel just the same.... I was quite seriously obsessive about it....I would not be able to go into a shop and spend money without having a huge panic attack. I stopped watching TV because of adverts about loans, banks, credit cards....even regular adverts about buying a sofa would freak me out.... £499 in the sale.... (I'd compulsively think.."what if I need a new sofa, I don't have that money") I wouldn't go out because it was too expensive to buy fuel. I had huge meltdowns about affording school uniform and birthdays and Christmas. I never watch the news incase theres something about interest rates or the economy!!!I still feel this way but I have improved a little due to a combination of medication and councelling...

I was doing quite well with it all until I opened a letter from my hubbys employer saying they're making job cuts and changing shift patterns to reduce working hours. I have now had about 3 weeks of extreme anxiety. I have started on beta blockers to help and I've changed anti depressants because I didn't feel like they were helping anymore. Probably not the best idea right now because the change over has left me without anything in my system and has caused me to begin having quite disabling panic attack symptoms that scare me.

I just think that this situation is what I was scared of happening and was why I was avoiding news etc and now its happening I'm just in pieces. Money anxiety is terrible.

I definately think that I have obsessive negative thoughts about this but I haven't been told if its classed as OCD or not. I just believe that I will never get over it... its always there threatening me...if I relax about it one evening and buy a takeaway I wake at 4am in a fit of panic and then start adding up in my head what I've spent...over and over again.

Does this sound like what you experience?? Jo

Anxious_gal
08-02-12, 12:14
Yes . I need to get dental work done and I've no idea how I'll pay for it.
I'm putting all my hopes on getting a loan.
A root canal is 500€ so I hope I don't need any!

I wanted to learn how to drive but can't afford the lessons.

I would like to study too but can't afford that either.

My anxiety is much too bad to get a job, but I've very little experience and it seems like you need a lot of experience to get a job .
Job hunting is the most depressing and hopeless experience .

It's hard too when I have friends who come from wealthy families .
I watch them go to collage , learn to drive , get a car, get as much dental work as they want, go on holidays . . . .

Once I've my dental work finished I'll owe a tone of money , then if I don't get a job I'll be struggling to pay it back for years, leaving me broke .
That thought is hugely depressing to me.
I worry about it everyday .

I've to see an ENT I'm not sure if my health insurance covers it but I know I'll have to pay the main fee which I'm guessing is 100€

Health insurance is going up too :(
It's forever going up and up .
But I would be scared not to have it.
When I needed my wisdom teeth out I was 2 years on a public waiting list.
The system kept messing about including having my operation canceled twice.
So I went private and had them removed , but still had to pay a few 100 for consultant fees and X-rays .

My insurance doesn't cover dental work.

I don't drink , if I go out I might just have a coke . It's odd to see my frinds spending so much money on alcohol . Even the ones on welfare. I don't know how they afford it.

I know I'm on welfare but I really don't waste my money .
I even feel guilty when I buy clothes , it's a weird headspace to be in!