PDA

View Full Version : depersonilization

elvin1
07-02-12, 07:01
what does it feel like like im walking about in a daze when the people you know seem miles away somtimes can not recognise myself in mirroe is this it or am i going mad dr says i have extrene anxiety my legs are shakey find it hard to get my breath and to many other symptoms to mention is this anxiety please help ive had this over 2 years now

capricorn234
07-02-12, 10:05
Depersonilization is a really common thing to experience with anxiety conditions. I have had that myself. I have gone out feeling totally detached and alien to everything and everyone around me...like I am in a daze, can't thinks straight, make decisions or even talk properly to people and want to run home and be alone in the safety of my flat. You are not going mad it is all symptoms of ongoing anxiety and how your mind and body react to it. I realise now how many people suffer with all these things and coming on here is so comforting. When it happens try hard to just let it wash over you as much as you can, don't analyse it as this makes it worse, easier said then done because I am the analysis queen. My best wishes sent.

elvin1
07-02-12, 14:18
i cet this all day every day it goes worse with every passing day the dr says i have extremily high anxiety so i suppose that is why iam athe way i am but i dont feel anxious

Stormsky
07-02-12, 14:23
Just remember, depersonalisation is a sympton only, not an illness itself (thankgod)
As you anxiety lessons it WILL go away... fearing it wont help it go! i used to get it, scary stuff... distraction is key... go do something...its a sympton so dont spend time worrying what it is and how to make it go.... the worrying only keeps it alive, so not point pondering over it...

missbelle
28-02-12, 04:04
again i have this feeling everyday ... i am afraid to leave my room ...

ali3
01-03-12, 21:29
i have this on and off xx

jca
03-03-12, 01:18
I have had the "who is that person?!" feeling when looking in the mirror far too often. Years ago it was because I was heavily using drugs and felt like a stranger.... I never thought I would ever use drugs. Who had I become?

Nowadays, if it feels like a stranger in the mirror it is usually around the time when I feel the most guilty about something. Not in a healthy way.. Not like I did something wrong, really. But if my aggression and violent outbursts flare up from my pmdd, I feel guilty, and alone, in the mirror, I'm like "who ARE you?". Other things that make me feel guilty are the things that hold me and others back. Like how I can't turn certain ways when driving or riding in cars, it makes me and others late a lot. Things like that never bother me at the time.. at the time, it is saving our lives. But later, I feel overwhelmed by the thought of how they really feel about me and my antics.

Sorry that is so wordy. My point is, when I have that distant, stranger feeling it is usually caused by my stress and anxiety. Especially if I have the shaky feeling and difficulty catching my breath, like you expressed. It is hard to accept things when we feel like we know ourselves so well. I think you should continue talking with your doctor. They are here to help and I think there's happiness and calmness just waiting to escape out of everyone, and everyone deserves it.