PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever totally go away?

wallstreet
07-02-12, 15:08
Hi Evryone,
I am new to this site so will give a brief background for you.I have been a 'worrier' for what seems like forever,I even remember as a child fearing the worst with everything,and worrying sick about my mum&dad and our family,always thinking I would lose them at any minute.

As I am older now ( 30 ) these problems have now included my husband,I constantly worry that he is happy,well,safe ect ect... He is thankfully very understanding with me. He is the only person who knows how I am.

With his support I went to see my GP two months ago,where I let it all out!
Anyhow I was started on citalopram,which I have to say has been a great help,I feel so much more rational,happy. Still though I can get plagued with my old issues,but do seem to manage better.

Will these feelings ever totally go away?

Thankyou in advance :)

pinkdove
07-02-12, 17:52
:welcome: to nmp, i'm so pleased the citalopram are helping you, meds help you to cope, but maybe you should ask about some councilling to help with your issues,

hope you enjoy your stay here and keep well xx

Stormsky
07-02-12, 18:00
hi,
im glad the meds are helping and you are feeling more happy..
however i think meds only mask the anxiety, they dont cure it... so personnally id say thats why your not 100% anxiety free, even on meds...
and you can find your are back to square one once you come off the meds...
Like Pinkdove said, maybe some counselling would be a good idea..

wallstreet
07-02-12, 21:50
Thankyou to both of you for your replies,I appreciate them.Yes I suppose the counselling is something I should be thinking about.

Thanx again!

ewood79
08-02-12, 09:33
Medication along with counseling will well and truly set you on your way to recovery....

Someone once told me I might have my anxiety issues for life but as time and episodes of it come and go the recovery periods will be longer lasting if that makes sense?!

Good luck with it all!