PDA

View Full Version : lymph node question, i am so obsessive

swgrl09
07-02-12, 19:40
Ok so when I went to the doctor a week and a half ago, she said that the lump in my groin is a benign lymph node that popped up due to muscle injury in that area. She said to stop touching it and take advil, ice, etc and it should go down.

So now it is probably around the same size, maybe a tiny bit smaller, mobile though. It is about 1.5 cm, maybe less but it is hard to tell sometimes. I can't say that I have stopped touching it totally though. I just can't stop completely for some reason. The past few days have been better (only touching once a day) but it is still there. She said if it is bothersome to return, it is not bothersome at all, it just is present and that is enough to freak me out.

Should I go back to the doctor, or just take her word for it that it is benign and let it go? My boyfriend says I already went, if she was concerned she would not have just sent me on my way, and that I should just ignore it and maybe check it once every few weeks (ahh! that seems like such a long time).

I did also speak with a second doctor on the phone who did not seem concerned and said sometimes they are just there even if there is no injury/inflammation present and it is probably just a regular old node.

I am answering my own questions here, I realize, but I still am obsessing ... oh well. Writing it out has helped though. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

i need to stop obsessing!!!!!!!!!!