PDA

View Full Version : Feeling great mentally, but still having symptoms

beth0277
07-02-12, 17:42
I have been doing fantastic with my health anxiety. I had to get off my medicine and just made the decision that this thing is not going to rule my life anymore. I realized that, for me, this is a mind over matter thing. I have been in such a dark place (even hospitalized due to my anxiety) but it is so freeing to make the decision that this isn't going to control me anymore! This has been a few weeks now and I know I will have setbacks, but I am feeling better than I have in years.

My only issue is that I am still having some "symptoms", which I have always attributed to anxiety, but I thought would go away since I am feeling so good. Mostly tingling/muscle twitching. One of my fears is MS so I am considering going through with an MRI, even though I am pretty sure that this is all just anxiety and I don't want to go down the MRI road and possibly relapse. I know it has only been a few weeks and I'm sure it takes your body some time to get back to "normal" but I was wondering if anyone had any input as to how long these sort of things stick around?

Zonja.j
07-02-12, 19:24
Those feelings may not go for a long while love. It takes time, your body has been doing the anxiety thing for a long time, give it time and stay strong.

Danii
08-02-12, 22:22
Congrats on making that big decision. I hope you continue to do well. Personally, it took me months after my "mind" felt better, and I was convinced, for the physical things to go away, but I think I just stopped looking for them everyday at that point. Distraction is our best friend. Anytime I remember that time, even if its to remember a good event, my symptoms sometimes come back. It's frustrating, but you can do it :)