PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

jazzy14
07-02-12, 18:12
Hi, everyone! :)

I'm a 21 year old college student who has just recently had a bout with pretty bad anxiety. I had my first panic attack a few months ago, so that was scary. Since my anxiety levels have been high, my OCD has also come into play. I'm currently taking Citalopram in hopes to get things to calm down a bit. My doctor started me on 20mg, but things weren't really calming down as well as I would've liked, so she bumped me up to 40 mg. I've been on the 40 mg for a little over a week and have been having some not so fun side-effects. When I'm not freaking out about something or feeling out of it, I feel hopeless and like I may never feel better or be the happy self that God made me to be again. Thinking those things really scares me, which then causes the anxiety to go up. I've been having trouble sleeping since the anxiety started about a month and a half ago. I'm taking Trazadone for that, but I hate having to be on sleeping pills. I tried not taking anything last night, but my anxiety started to kick in, so I ended up taking one. I am determined to get to the point where I don't have to take them anymore! I'm also in therapy, had my first session yesterday. Didn't really feel like much was accomplished, but I'm going to keep at it and give it a chance. Basically I'm on here for support, and any advice that you all would be willing to give. I've never experienced anything like this before, so I'll take all the help I can get! Thank you so much!

nomorepanic
07-02-12, 18:13
Hi jazzy14

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jodles83
07-02-12, 18:48
Hi jazzy, I really feel what your going through anxiety is an awful thing to go through. Just keep up with your meds and counciling and hopefully you'll come out the other end. I'm still waiting for an appointment for therapy as theirs a long waiting list in my area. I have suffered for depression for a while without help but recently got anxiety which tipped me over the edge. So now I'm on fluoxetine and seeking advice on this site which has really helped me people are lovely and theirs loads of advice and support available. Good luck