PDA

View Full Version : Not Coping So Well!..

CrazyC
07-02-12, 19:27
The last few weeks have been horrible i have felt so on edge and been unable to cope i have wanted to hide away rather than spend time with friends. I just find it so much easier to stay in like i havent got the motivation i have had before.

Last night in bed i led there and started to feel sick, hot, breathless, shaky..which then made my mind race i thought i would be sick or full blown panic in bed and not be able to sleep. Then the next thing i know im waking up and its morning. :shrug:

Then again today!...i feel tearful, stressed, confused, lost, hopeless. I have nothing to be scared of at the moment if i didnt have to go out i would usually be anxiety free and i have no plans until Friday...but instead i feel way up there on the worry and stress level.

Its made me deffo think an anxiety sufferers wil never be "cured" or get better but just cope with it some days better than others. :whistles:

Im unsure what to do for the best i need to snap out of it and get back to coping as best i can. I dunno if the fact im due on my period is making it worse, i have my driving test next month. I have a hospital appointment next month for a mouth xray and im awaiting smear test results. I dont THINK of any of it really i dont obsess over it and think about it in detail so shouldnt think its that stressing me. :huh:

Any help advice or support grateful appreciated im starting to get sick of myself :doh:

JoJoR
08-02-12, 11:06
Hi Crazy,

I think we're the same person. I never "think" I'm stressing over things but my sub conscious deffo is!!...

I'm blubbing as I type this and in the scheme of things I'm pretty ok. My brain has other ideas though.

I'm TERRIBLE around the time of my period and I feel like I will never be cured too.

I have no advise because I'm not in a good place myself but thought I'd just tell you that you're not alone...

Take Care.....Jo

Steffnyjo
08-02-12, 12:30
Hya, I WORRY about everything! What if that happens, what do they think of me and so on. I have been having CBT for generalised Anxiety Disorder which really helped me and has been teaching me how to cope better. I personally don't think I will ever be 'cured', I think it's a case of learning to deal with it. I have been under a lot of stress lately which hasn't helped me and I feel like I am relapsing at the minute. Hope you feel better soon and again just know your not on your own! Xx

ems73
08-02-12, 13:41
Me too, it's horrible isn't it. I feel for all of you x

theharvestmouse
08-02-12, 13:51
Are you on meds Crazy C? How are your treating your anxiety?

CrazyC
08-02-12, 14:08
I was doing well without meds and was having regular CBT. It felt i was at the point of not needing it anymore and havent been for a few weeks now. I have a phobia of illness/sick and lately everyone around me has a vile stomach bug and this plays on my mind.

I also suffer SAD and have not been having the time to use my lightbox - i am generally feeling exhausted! I took Proponalol for the first time last night and it calmed me down fairly quickly but feeling slightly spacey and im only on a 10mg dose so didnt think i would get the drowzyness (unless its coincidence and i am just over tired) when im feeling on top and well rested i can cope alot better with my anxiety but when feeling down i just let it all take over and feel swallowed up by everything.

Stormsky
08-02-12, 17:46
Must be a day for it, as i feel the same today, and usually i manage to stay positive every day!... guess we all have days where we are just sick of it ! Sick of feeling this way, with no relief sometimes.....

capricorn234
09-02-12, 09:21
I sympathise too I get bad days expecially around my monthly cycle....lots worse. When anxiety kicks in it is so hard to get your rational head working...everything is enlarged, thoughts, fear, bodily sensations, sleep patterns....a ruddy nightmare isn't it. I don't want to jinx it but my bad days are so much less nowadays thank God...but I know exactly what you describe. Sometimes it's a question of holding on for dear life and telling yourself(even though really really difficult) that it will pass again. Do something comforting no matter how small....a relaxing bath, music, nice food, speak to a friend, a cuddle...whatever it takes to ease it. It is important to get as smuch support as you can and to express it, don't bottle it up as it feels worse. Even get a notepad and write all your down...it doesn't have to make sense just get it all out of your head..you can tear it up after if you don't want to read it again Stay strong everyone:hugs:

volvo man
10-02-12, 21:30
H,i i feel the same had a few good days then back feeling rubbish ,it really gets you down as times, started CTB hopefully things will change for better ?

haz
10-02-12, 21:52
Same! Been good for the last 7 days but last night and today have been pretty rubbish!

The sub-concious mind is a very powerful thing. I worry constantly about everything!

Still, as long as the good days outnumber the bad days.

Try to stay positive, a good day is just around the corner.

Take care.

Haz.x

andi001
11-02-12, 04:01
I don't want to jinx it but my bad days are so much less nowadays thank God...but I know exactly what you describe. Sometimes it's a question of holding on for dear life and telling yourself(even though really really difficult) that it will pass again. Do something comforting no matter how small....a relaxing bath, music, nice food, speak to a friend, a cuddle...whatever it takes to ease it.http://www.amzcard.info/g.gif