PDA

View Full Version : Dentist and mouth problems

Biggles252
18-06-06, 14:53
Sorry if this a bit long

About 4 weeks ago I found a lump on the inside of my right cheek( small and painless. I kept thinking it was cancer, the doctor thinks i've been grinding my teeth in my sleep and caught the skin in my mouth and id have to agree with it. Im terrified of seeing a dentist ( I also suffer from agoraphobia, depression and anxiety ) but I know that I have to.
2 weeks ago I tried to get an appointment to see a dentist ( I tried 3 that had been recomended and close, hard to travel far cos of agoraphobia) but they are not taking any new patients so im on a waiting list with one of them.
Ive had problems with my teeth for years (a few are bad and need taking out) but ive only recently been able to leave the house with someone with me. Anyway now my left cheek is swollen with no pain, still got the other lump and I really need a dentist to check me out but none will see me. Im just trying to get over a bad case of tonsillitis but I think my teeth are the cause of the problem. Im terrified that my teeth problem is very serious.
Any advice would be very welcome.

Kelly

anxious
18-06-06, 16:34
Hi Kelly,

i'm sure your doctor would have been able to spot anything unusual with your cheek, but best to see a dentist you have teeth problems. Just a thought, don't know how difficult it would be for you but they have dentists at a & e don't they?
Or have you tried ringing NHS direct to see if they can suggest anywhere.
Hope you find one soon,
anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Daisybun
18-06-06, 17:11
Hi kelly
There should be an emergency provision by the NHS in A&E as anx has said. Try ringing NHS direct and tell them your problem, they can advise you on where you can get treatment asap if you need it. have you got anyone who could go with you for support?

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Biggles252
18-06-06, 17:48
I don't think it's urgent enough to see an emergency dentist and I couldn't do the hospital thing again after a bad experience about 3 weeks ago (spent 8 hours in there just to find out I didn't have appendicitis, just a bad reaction to antibiotics [V]). Im just really anxious about anything and everything recently.