PDA

View Full Version : first bad experience with a new pyschiatrist!!:(:(

mimijr
07-02-12, 23:12
so ive been waiting for a medication to help manage my bi polar symptoms and i haven't found one thats helped long term yet. so today i saw a new psychiatrist ive only seen once before. Not only did he prescribe me the same medication i said didnt work but he also wouldnt give me my klonopin prescription for longer than two weeks so i have to pay double to get it filled for a month. i walked out and didnt even make another appt. i ran to the bathroom and cried. i just cant believe i spent the last 45 dollars i had made at my shit job. my friend who is a guy went to him and got three refills for his klonopin. i think this dr was a sexist prick.. am i acting like a princess because all other psychs have treated me with care and respect? im just hurt and at a loss about my medicine. ugh.. maybe i take thinks too seriously. i know theyre people too but keep the attitude at home man

rock chick
08-02-12, 14:41
Doesn't sound like you're being a princess. Not every psychiatrist is the right type for everyone and frankly some are crap. To me if a psychiatrist insists on trying to get you to take medication that you've already tried and hasn't worked is probably not someone you want to keep seeing, it really doesn't sound like he was taking your needs into consideration. Maybe he just felt he knew what was best and that that particular drug was the main one he likes to prescribe for issues like yours, I dunno but I feel for you spending money you could barely afford to be disappointed.