PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

AMnop3
08-02-12, 11:12
Hello all. Firstly I want to say I am in awe of the courage, openness and supportiveness of the members and owner of this community. As for me, I don't know how to classify what I am experiencing right now, but last September a psychiatric report (by a psychiatrist I had first seen in 2009, then again in 2010 and then 'ongoing' from June 2011) said my symptoms (newly developed in 2011 were "suggestive of an adjustment disorder with associated emotional disturbance combined with features of dissociative and depersonalisation-derealization disorders." It also said that "these clinical features are recognised as sequelae of overwhelming physical or psychological trauma" and that the "change in her clinical symptomology bears a temporal relationship to the index events relating to her dismissal from employment".
I haven't seen my psychiatrist since November. A couple of weeks ago I found myself experiencing familiar symptoms (anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, 'freezing', losing sense of time, tearfulness, rigid tension..) but much more severe, and also almost overwhelming fear, panic, even physical pain. I've found myself detaching completely from the few people I had 're-started' contact with and I can't go anywhere near my old place of work which is on my local high street. I'm petrified. Just realised I've waffled on for ages, sorry - I'll stop! Thanks for reading.

diane07
08-02-12, 11:13
Hi AMnop3

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
08-02-12, 11:44
:welcome: to nmp, you are not waffling we all like a good waffle here....hope you enjoy your time here xxx

AMnop3
09-02-12, 10:15
Thank you both for your replies. It's reassuring and heart-warming that you took the time to read & reply to my post. Take care x

Stormsky
09-02-12, 10:22
hi and welcome..
Sorry to hear how your feeling.
Whats happened of late to cause this? was it work ?

AMnop3
09-02-12, 11:31
Hi Stormsky. I want to & will reply to this (and,for the record I'm very grateful for your interest) but in the meantime I wanted to say well done - hope that doesn't sound patronising or presumptuous - for coming thru yesterday as you have. I read a couple of posts about it being a horrid day for you & yet today you are here supporting others. How are you today though? Truly hope it's a better day. Gosh, does anyone else find themselves struggling for the right words when posting?! Take care x

Stormsky
09-02-12, 11:42
hi, thanks for asking, im not great today, but will pick myself up!
couldnt sleep last night, was up til 2.30am...
Let us know if you need to talk, or need help...xxx

AMnop3
09-02-12, 11:55
Sorry to hear that. From the few posts of yours I've read so far I'm quite sure you will pick yourself up and, no doubt you've heard this a zillion times, in the meantime don't berate yourself for that not being possible instantly. It just isn't. Until recently I've pretty much always been able to get myself through difficult times, though I'm beginning to see that in some cases I did so by burying how I felt. Would SO like to be able to do that now, if only for a break if that makes sense. As for your question about talking - do you mean actual talking or messaging? Is there a possibilty of speaking to someone? x

Stormsky
09-02-12, 12:19
Sorry to hear that. From the few posts of yours I've read so far I'm quite sure you will pick yourself up and, no doubt you've heard this a zillion times, in the meantime don't berate yourself for that not being possible instantly. It just isn't. Until recently I've pretty much always been able to get myself through difficult times, though I'm beginning to see that in some cases I did so by burying how I felt. Would SO like to be able to do that now, if only for a break if that makes sense. As for your question about talking - do you mean actual talking or messaging? Is there a possibilty of speaking to someone? x

thanks, i am strong... had this for 12yrs on and off, and dont take defeat easily... As i believe physcially theres nothing wrong and its just anx, i am just saying to myself, its just anxiety causing this and nothing more, and that makes me feel better...
you can Private Message people and there is a chat room, where i was last night til 2.30am! where you instant message... cant join the chat room until youve been a member of this site for 5 days tho....

AMnop3
09-02-12, 13:04
Thanks for your reply. Really looking forward to being allowed in the chat room - even a few days seems a long time!

swanlinnet
09-02-12, 13:09
WElcome Amy :)

Marcial
10-02-12, 03:53
Hi everyone. I am new member of this forum. This is my first post. Welcome everyone I hope all people will join me soon.

swanlinnet
10-02-12, 05:58
Welcome Marcia:)