PDA

View Full Version : headaches and dizziness **READ**

haighy
08-02-12, 13:03
hi there i want to know about all these headaches im getting and dizziness what comes and goes? ive been unwell for a while now im only 25 i had my panic attack in mid december 2011 and havent been the same since? these are some of the symptoms ive had since then:
*back pain what moves around
*abdominal pain
*rectal bleeding and itching
*chest pain
*constantly checking my pulse and heart rate
*testicle pain
*convinced myself ive had pancreatic cancer, bowel cancer, testicular cancer
*neck pain
*more recently severe headache across my high brows and into top of my head.

im taking citralopram at the moment been on 10mg for about 3weeks and upt it to 20mg this past week it has stopped me freaking out. but im still gettin the aches and pains its horrible. please take time out to comment on what is up with me and can all these aches and pains really come from anxiety even though i dont feel anxious when i get the pains.
much appreciated luke xx

debs180
08-02-12, 14:10
Hi Luke,
Simple answer is YES! All these symptoms can be a result of anxiety, even though you may not feel anxious.
I can completely relate to the headaches and dizziness, going through a bad bout of this now myself. I have suffered headaches, pressure in my head, and aches and pains all over for nearly 3 years, and more recently the dizziness, which is awful especially if a headache is present. All mine has been put down to anxiety.....but as many suffers will tell you its hard to believe!
I find distraction a helpful method, could be something to try?

Hope you start to feel better soon

Debs x

haighy
08-02-12, 14:33
thanks for the reply debs much appreciated... i do try to distract myself but it his really hard to do so. ive booked a eye test just in case lool x

debs180
08-02-12, 14:45
I know its hard.... :weep: i just booked an eye test too lol! Good luck with it x

tommy1982
08-02-12, 15:51
hi there i want to know about all these headaches im getting and dizziness what comes and goes? ive been unwell for a while now im only 25 i had my panic attack in mid december 2011 and havent been the same since? these are some of the symptoms ive had since then:
*back pain what moves around
*abdominal pain
*rectal bleeding and itching
*chest pain
*constantly checking my pulse and heart rate
*testicle pain
*convinced myself ive had pancreatic cancer, bowel cancer, testicular cancer
*neck pain
*more recently severe headache across my high brows and into top of my head.

im taking citralopram at the moment been on 10mg for about 3weeks and upt it to 20mg this past week it has stopped me freaking out. but im still gettin the aches and pains its horrible. please take time out to comment on what is up with me and can all these aches and pains really come from anxiety even though i dont feel anxious when i get the pains.
much appreciated luke xx

If you take a look at my posts from a few years back where i was obsessing about my head, eyes, and ears and ended up having a doc give me a MRI

I also was off balance on and off for a year

All turned out to be anxiety. Its obvious you have health anxiety from your other obsessions about your health.

Maybe when that 20mg builds up in your blood stream it will smack the obsessions on the head, i know the effexor did for me.

Pipkin
08-02-12, 17:11
Luke,

All sounds very familiar to me. I've had nearly all those symptoms on and off since my teens (I'm 41 now) and it's very hard to come to terms with the fact that they are caused by anxiety because you just can't believe that your mind could cause physical symptoms that make you feel so ill. Even now, I find myself googling a symptom and convincing myself that I have some rare disease. Logic seems to desert my usually orderly mind, despite the myriad of test I've had over the years (all of which have been normal).

That said, my motto is, if in doubt, see your GP. I normally wait a while and the symptoms ebb away but if not, I'll go to the GP to get reassurance.

Take care

Pip

miss sparkle
09-02-12, 11:52
i suffer from dizziness since my first panic attack in December. i constantly feel fuzzy headed and have periods of not feeling 'here'
recently i have also been getting aches and pains all over, and a dull but pretty much constant head ache had a eye test last week as doctor advised me too, all ok, though was a right state as convinced they would find a brain tumor..as you do!
like you say finding it hard to believe anxiety can cause so many physical things- i don't particular feel
that anxious

Pipkin
09-02-12, 12:17
like you say finding it hard to believe anxiety can cause so many physical things- i don't particular feel
that anxious

Good point Miss S. I could never understand why the doctor kept saying my symptoms were caused by anxiety when I didn't feel anxious (I do now though!).

P