PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma-Office Forgot My Birthday

shyoldguy
08-02-12, 13:18
It looks like my office has forgotten my birthday.

I got redeployed into this office when my old team was disbanded and was moved to this new team in June last year, even though my work has nothing to do with the work done by the new team. I don’t come under the team supervisor like the rest of the team but the manager, who is above her.

Normally people get a collective birthday card signed by the team, and birthday person buys sweets for the team to eat. No card appeared today, so what do I do? Do I ignore it? Do I buy sweets anyway and prick the collective conscience? Do I presume that the manager was too busy, forgot to tell the team?

RosieXXX
08-02-12, 13:44
Hello shyoldguy,

I am sure your manager forgot to mention your birthday, and it was nothing more than that.

I would go buy some sweets or cakes for the team to celebrate your birthday - i don't think any one will think you are trying to make a point; they will accept your kind gesture in the spirit it is intended. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' to you!!! xx

ems73
08-02-12, 16:03
Definitely buy some sweets/cakes, they'll think it's a nice thing to do. They may rush out and get you a card, much better than leaving it and them realising in a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!! xx

suzy-sue
08-02-12, 17:09
I wouldnt bother ..But im sure it was an oversight ..Happy Birthday ...:birthday:Sue x

shyoldguy
12-02-12, 19:02
OK, panic over. I took some chocolates in on Thursday. Friday I got a card from the team. The team just did n't know about my birthday. This is what comes of me being directly managed by the dept manager rather than the team supervisor. The dept manager was probably too busy to let people know.

RosieXXX
12-02-12, 19:27
I am so pleased you shared your birthday with your team :)

william wallace
12-02-12, 22:01
I've worked 39 out of the last 40 years. I worked in Forestry (lumberjack) painted the Tay railway bridge from end to end, worked on building sites, in factories and offices and never once had a birthday card from colleagues or management. I did once, on my birthday, bring in a large packet of MacVities Chocolate Wholemeal biscuits, and put them on the table for anyone who wanted one (which is very generous for a Scottish person I might add) and by teabreak they had all gone. They never said thanks, and never left one for me:D