PDA

View Full Version : What have I done!

sam66
08-02-12, 18:41
My youngest son gets the keys to his nice new flat tomorrow, rang me over a week ago, 'Mum decide the furniture I need, colour scheme, plan how it will all work, shop for what I need, buy what makes it a great flat, do the work to get it to what he wants, then I forgot thats I dont actually shop anymore, I rarely leave my house, he rightly so as his mother to make his first place a great place to be in, any other time, love creating, designing, and can see what I want to do to his flat to make it his place to live, but can I overcome leaving my safe place :/

pinkdove
08-02-12, 18:49
Sam i know you can it is surprising what we can do when we are neede, i did the same for my son a couple of weeks ago, cleaned for him and even went to lunch last week his girlfriend made us lovely pasta dish, did'nt feel like doing any of it, but i did cause he needed me and quite enjoyed it....and you can too. good luck xx

sam66
08-02-12, 19:07
ok, this I have to overcome

pinkdove
08-02-12, 21:09
Don't be too hard on yourself, it is hard, but it is surprising what we can do for our kids, but not for ourselves....good luck and hope your son is happy in his new flat, somewhere you can visit, when he's settled in xx

sam66
08-02-12, 21:23
thanks

Baggs
09-02-12, 08:51
A few months ago I made a speech at my son's wedding - it's amazing what we can do for our kids. Yes Sam you can do it, all the best xxxxx

Baggs

sam66
10-02-12, 20:22
today was a real struggle, I have no idea why, away from safe for far to long, had to walk home, or march as I just didnt feel right, was getting dark and I missed my home alot today :(

sam66
12-02-12, 18:33
Nearly done, thankfully, Black and cream in his front room, chocolate and cream in his bedroom, burgundy and white for bathroom and coffee and cream in his kitchen, black corner sofa ordered, brown leather bed, carpets to be fitted friday, sofa saturday. Painting i almost finished, glossing done, wallpaper up. I dont do lifts the satirs are killing me!

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

washing machine to plumb in tomorrow, cooker to sort yet, hallway to do tomorrow, I would clean the windows but I dont do heights either and looking down makes me ill, but I'll kinda do what I can, its exhausting this :/

Mcched
12-02-12, 18:37
WOW Sam you have been a busy bee :yesyes:

That sounds fab and I bet your son is so pleased to have you helping him!!!

You are so inspiring!!! Especially with the glossing, I hate glossing!!!

sam66
12-02-12, 19:01
I hate painting Mcched, glossing I really hate, but his flat is coming on a treat, one more day away from my safe place should see the decorating done, then just got to deal with moving day, I even wallpaper shopped with him, I have found this so hard, but they are ya kids and you want whats best for them

nicola1980
12-02-12, 19:06
Well done you've made real progress :yesyes: xx

sam66
13-02-12, 19:48
Not even a thanks Mum, hes got his issues with drugs and I did tough love, blokes work differently to us lasses I know that, they dont give anything away or show emotion, but for all the work I did, just a thankyou would have been nice, this is why the more people I meet... the more I love my dog

sam66
15-02-12, 19:53
give me a whole house of animals that need rescue to any human, Im not a great people person :/