PDA

View Full Version : Would you say this is anxiety? feels like i cant breathe

little.miss.worry
08-02-12, 18:46
for a month and 2 weeks on friday i feel like i cant breathe properly im not hyperventilating or anything like that..its in like my throat i do have post nasal drip so that could be another reason i keep getting sooo scared :( ive been to two doctors they both said everything is completely fine the checked heart rate throat asthma and nothing was there they were both baffled by it..i know i have anxiety so my mum said that could be it..its ruining my life im 15 and i have exams to worry about! i dont want to think im going to die everyday..im sick of it! oh and right now it feels like too much air is in my throat i just dont know what to do please help! :'( oh and one more thing i keep getting heart palpitations i know for a fact thats anxiety and on the night this all started i had a massive one and all of a sudden it came on...it went off like a week ago then my friend mentioned ventalators and its brought it back :'(

Danii
08-02-12, 19:29
Sounds like anxiety! especially since your doctors checked you out. I have the same thing, and I've been to about 5 doctors in the last 2 months. The hardest part is sometimes even though we dont hyperventilate, or even if we breathe perfect, these feelings can still happen. I've been doing many breathing exercises and I still feel short of breath, like my throat is going to close, or like my lungs are going to collapse.

Best thing do to (also the hardest) is to get distracted. Maybe its just anxiety from the exams, even if your not worried about them.

anx mum
08-02-12, 20:39
for a month and 2 weeks on friday i feel like i cant breathe properly im not hyperventilating or anything like that..its in like my throat i do have post nasal drip so that could be another reason i keep getting sooo scared :( ive been to two doctors they both said everything is completely fine the checked heart rate throat asthma and nothing was there they were both baffled by it..i know i have anxiety so my mum said that could be it..its ruining my life im 15 and i have exams to worry about! i dont want to think im going to die everyday..im sick of it! oh and right now it feels like too much air is in my throat i just dont know what to do please help! :'( oh and one more thing i keep getting heart palpitations i know for a fact thats anxiety and on the night this all started i had a massive one and all of a sudden it came on...it went off like a week ago then my friend mentioned ventalators and its brought it back :'(

Know this is hard to believe but would differently say this is a symptom of anxiety ive had this many times each time it scares me so much u r not gonna die plz believe me. Have u tried to slow your breathing down or blowing into a paper bag i always used to go outside when i felt like this.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Know this is hard to believe but would differently say this is a symptom of anxiety ive had this many times each time it scares me so much u r not gonna die plz believe me. Have u tried to slow your breathing down or blowing into a paper bag i always used to go outside when i felt like this.

Like danni said distraction is the key very hard to do when ur feeling like this

little.miss.worry
09-02-12, 00:21
Thankyou both of you, you have both reassured me I'm just going to try take my mind off it :)

sebinkent
09-02-12, 12:21
This is without any doubt symptoms of anxiety. I think 95% of the people on this forum have had this symptom and I get it really badly. Hyperventilating or over-breathing is actually what you are doing, even though you may not think it. Hyperventilating doesn't have to be obvious. I did this for three months when I thought I was seriously ill and I have got into a bad habit now of breathing badly so I get the symptoms you mention and more! I am trying to control the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in my body by breathing in and out of my nose as much as possible.

little.miss.worry
09-02-12, 20:03
Thankyou sebinkent! :) you have all helped me out i need to try and stop worrying