PDA

View Full Version : Dentist xray scan

phil06
09-02-12, 02:19
My dentist referred me for a scan at the hospital as the thing they put in my mouth wouldn't go in right and it freaked me out. I've never been to the one at the hospital but seemingly you bite into something and it scans your head.

He said it was to check everything was ok but like I've not been in 3 years would that be why? Or does he think I need teeth out? Should I worry about the scan..is it a simple thing? :unsure:

rock chick
09-02-12, 02:40
The scan is very easy, rather quick and generally painless. Yes, you bite on a plastic thing and they just x-ray your teeth, it's a good idea because it shows a whole view of everything, I'm not sure how intricate it is in regards to individual teeth but are you worrying more about the test or the result? The result is always going to be a worry because you just wont know what the result will be for sure, it's very much like waiting the results of any test that worries you, you need to try and think positive and distract yourself from it. I know that's not easy but it's the best way I feel. Hope it goes fine!

phil06
06-03-12, 22:58
I'm worried about the symptoms from MRI I read if you have metal in you it can affect you or something?

not had it yet but when I do go? Also got as big fear of this dentist still.

Beyonderz
06-03-12, 23:20
I had dental scans many times before and nothing bad had happened.

It's a quick and simple thing really. They place that plastic thing in your mouth and you just wait a second or so, then voila.

xtremx
07-03-12, 10:04
I'm worried about the symptoms from MRI I read if you have metal in you it can affect you or something?

not had it yet but when I do go? Also got as big fear of this dentist still.

Hi phil06, I think you are thinking of the wrong kind of scan mate the one where you put something metal as you say is a panoramic x ray, You put a plastic bite bit in your mouth and the scan goes around you head.
Completely different from a mri.

The panoramic x ray is over in about 1 min.