PDA

View Full Version : New to this

amyyy
09-02-12, 10:11
Hi im completely new to all this, i started having anxiety problems around 2 months ago. I have had one panic attack which was the most horrible experience ever! Im trying to keep my head held high and not think too much! I have the most amazing boyfriend and family and lovely friends, so i wonder why this is happening to me? X

diane07
09-02-12, 10:15
Hi amyyy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
09-02-12, 10:25
Anything can bring on anxiety, even when your life is fine and happy...
some peoples start with an illness, others an event that happened....
Mine started with an incident in my car 12 yrs ago.....
What caused yours?
Key is not to overthink it all, so its good you are trying not to do that !x

amyyy
10-02-12, 14:59
I got tested for an overactive thyroid and it wasnt that. I read symptoms online and assume im unwell when im probably perfectly well! I think i need to just snap out of this, but its so hard to do. Thanks for the support already! Xx

Stormsky
10-02-12, 16:23
I got tested for thyroid too, and was hoping theyd find something, so i could put the anx down to that! like you mine was fine....
Dont fear the anxiety or panic, its fear that keeps it alive and keeps it coming... you have a great family support so try not dwelling on it all.