PDA

View Full Version : Back to work!

jayork
09-02-12, 10:23
When i go back to work(very soon)

I will feel like a freak! i'm sure i will be surrounded by people who will assume i am stark raving mad and this worries me to a point of not wanting to go there. I am coping really well now with this and that in general life, such as supermarkets and resaurants but with work being of such great importance, it freaks me out. I am aware of whats going on in my mind regards my reactions but still struggle to manage such a biggie. Should i wait til i'm 'ready' or is likely to make it a bigger obstacle?

any thoughts?

Pipkin
09-02-12, 11:36
HI there,

You need to make sure that you're ready but I guess you'll find that people at work will be very supportive and that ou'll feel a whole lot better for going back. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't work. If nothing else, it's a great distraction and stops me dwelling on things, which I do when I have time to myself.

Hope it works out for you.

Pip

pinkdove
09-02-12, 12:47
I agree with pipkin, just make sure you are ready, whenever you are about to go back you will feel a bit anxious, but it is surprising how many people understand, and will be very supportive, and happy to see you back and well.

once you get the first 10 mins over, you will be fine, just make dure you are ready and good luck xx

Pipkin
09-02-12, 12:51
Jay,

You could even pop in for 10 minutes a few days before you start, just to say hello. Could help get over that initial anxiety and you can leave whenever you want.

Take care

Pip x

Kendra
09-02-12, 14:20
Jay,

You could even pop in for 10 minutes a few days before you start, just to say hello. Could help get over that initial anxiety and you can leave whenever you want.

Take care

Pip x

Hi there!!

Pip is right this could be a good idea. No one will think you are mad. Most people are just afraid of saying the wrong think or just not sure what to say.

I am also back to work Wednesday next week. I am concerned about will I have a panic attack or wont I all the usual stuff......

People who care about you will be supportive. The people that arn't supportive are just not worth bothering with. Your the important person in this..

Take care

Kendra x

mikejames
09-02-12, 18:23
Hi Jay

No one will bat an eye lid that you have been off due to anxiety so stop worrying about that - do you know how many people are off with stress each day -millions

You get yourself back there throw your head back high and give yourself a big pat on the back for doing it

Not easy - what is ????????

Dont put it off anymore as will only get worse

Mike

kittikat
09-02-12, 19:19
When i go back to work(very soon)

I will feel like a freak! i'm sure i will be surrounded by people who will assume i am stark raving mad and this worries me to a point of not wanting to go there. I am coping really well now with this and that in general life, such as supermarkets and resaurants but with work being of such great importance, it freaks me out. I am aware of whats going on in my mind regards my reactions but still struggle to manage such a biggie. Should i wait til i'm 'ready' or is likely to make it a bigger obstacle?

any thoughts?

Hi, don't worry...I have recently returned to work (phased, so less days/hours) after being off 10 weeks. To be honest I was really scared about it but decided that I would be honest & open about my breakdown. The first day I was consumed with anxiety, but all my colleagues were wonderful, supportive and so pleased to see me. I told them to ask me anything and said i wasn't embarassed about what had happened to me. It was much easier than I had imagined and actually found it theraputic talking about things. Did hardly any work on day 1, just lots of tea and chats and yes, a few tears too. But it was a good day. Been back 4 weeks now, a couple of blips along the way but honestly, the anticipation was far worse than actually doing it.

I don't know if you will ever feel 'ready' especially if you are already so worried about it, but if you feel that you are on the road to recovery, go and you may be pleasently surprised.

Wish you lots of luck in your journey x

JT69
11-02-12, 17:22
Hi

I have been back at work 2 years now since I had my terrible time. I ended up having 5 months off so it was really hard going back.

I went in to say hello to everyone and meet my manager etc before I went back and then I had a phased return.

I had a couple of blips along the way but really it was fine. You will be ok, its natural to feel like you do but honest it will be o.k.

I hope it all goes well (and I know it will).

Good luck.

Jo.x