PDA

View Full Version : general anxiety

stormyok10
09-02-12, 10:55
Hi Everyone,
I am a new member of this forun.
I started having panic attacks 18 months ago whilst on holiday in Spain, no apparant reason why it happened, but it was terrifying, I like so many others thought I was having a heart attack & going to die. Went to hospital in Spain & had numerous checks, only to be told all was ok,managed to get home with help of family & went to see doctor, told symptoms, diognosed with anxiety & given Fluoxitine tablets, after about 3 months still no improvement of anxiety, so came off them. Seemed to manage ok for a while, then went back to Spain for a holiday but didn't feel good all the time there. went back to doctors & put on
Mirtazapine 15mg, after 2 months not much improvement so doc uped it to 30mg, still no improvement after a month, am now weaning myself off them as no point being on them if not doing any good. Am finding it hard to do this. is there anyone out there who has gone through this & give me some idea how long it takes before feel a little better
Thanks for your time

diane07
09-02-12, 10:58
Hi stormyok10

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Stormsky
09-02-12, 11:15
Recovery depends on whats keeping your anxiety alive still?
Are you in fear on panic attacks, or is there any other cause in your life causing stress/anx?
You cant recover if you have a fear of it... as thats what feeds it...
Im no fan of meds, i feel they just mask problems (thats if they work at all !)

pinkdove
09-02-12, 11:32
:welcome: to nmp, i would say it is still early days for you as most antid;s can take up to six weeks to kick in, and you have an increased dose, try to be pateint hard i know, i think things will improve for you soon when the meds get into your sysyem, don't be disheartened with it all, you will start to see improvements but it does take time xx